Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2018 3:28:02 PM EDT
Was going to post this in the pistol forum but felt it belonged over here as well.

Saw this on IG.  Figured some here might like it as it’s what a SBR could look like if someone wanted one as a truck gun.

Really needs a different stock like the SBA3 or some other but I like the concept.

Attachment Attached File

https://instagram.com/p/BkDUzRCgBg3/
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I got really excited when I saw this, but then I asked myself... why?

In .300 blk it makes REALLY good sense, but how is this better than a 12" 6.5G AR? Lower capacity, still supersonic, short bbl (not hearing safe). I just fail to see the advantages other than 'neat!' Which is ok. A chassis that would take an AR arm-brace for the new .300 blk Ruger American that takes AR mags would be the ticket.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got really excited when I saw this, but then I asked myself... why?

In .300 blk it makes REALLY good sense, but how is this better than a 12" 6.5G AR?
View Quote
1: A silenced bolt gun is quieter than a silenced AR
2: For a given number of dollars, a bolt gun is probably more accurate than an AR.  Although that might be cancelled out by bolting a $400 chassis stock to it
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

2: For a given number of dollars, a bolt gun is probably more accurate than an AR.  Although that might be cancelled out by bolting a $400 chassis stock to it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

1. Right, but still not quiet w/supersonic cal, esp w/ the short barrel, so meh.
2. Probably, but not appreciably at sub 400 yards or so. And yeah, the Hogue/Boyd's cheaper alternatives are the only thing that makes the bbl'd action a good deal IMO.

Quoted:
I've been wanting to do that with a 300BLK.
Yep. Makes damn good sense IMO.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been wanting to do that with a 300BLK.
View Quote
+1

I built a 12" grendel ar hoping PA's hunting commission was going to allow semis a while back, they didn't so the 300 bolt action is what I want now
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 3:51:28 AM EDT
[#6]
need that in 44mag or 45ACP...
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#7]
This could be cool in 308 at 12.5 and a folding stock/brace
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#8]
As an alternative a non-reciprocating side cocking AR upper with a gas block you can close off can be run as a semi or a straight pull bolt action.  Can be put on a pistol or SBR.

That said the Howa actions are very nice and a ~12" Grendel is still very capable.   I could see myself SBRing one of their rifles.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Not a Grendel, but 7.62x39 out of a short barrel is still a bunch of fun. Especially with some bunny fart loads. .312 100gr Hornady XTP with some appropriate powder behind it does a number on groundhogs.

(.223 was just a convenient prop)
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not a Grendel, but 7.62x39 out of a short barrel is still a bunch of fun. Especially with some bunny fart loads. .312 100gr Hornady XTP with some appropriate powder behind it does a number on groundhogs.

http://i.imgur.com/3wNhK3t.jpg
(.223 was just a convenient prop)
View Quote
That’s sexy.  I want something like that in 223.

Barrel length and velocities?
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That’s sexy.  I want something like that in 223.

Barrel length and velocities?
View Quote
It's a 10". Haven't chrono'd the load out of the shorter barrel, but a 16" Ruger American was pushing the 100gr bullet at 1270 or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top