Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2019 12:54:17 AM EDT
Hey guys. Brand new to reloading. Learning from a buddy if mine who has a real nice set up and does nice work. He basically said buy the dies (that he doesn't have) and components and he'll show me how.
I ordered a used RCBS die set for 5.56 off of eBay for a few bucks. Only problem is some how the guy managed to bend the (bear with me here) screwnthat sets the bullet in the case. The seller specified this, I was just inpatient and failed to read.

Question is is this fixable? Will RCBS fix it? Or am I just eating the cost and buying anither one. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:18:03 AM EDT
[#1]
If the seating stem screw is bent outside the die try straighting it with a soft pair of pliers

And screw it in all the way in  to remove it

If is is bent on the inside do the same and screw it out through the bottom of the body

In any event you may need another as the seating stem

orentates   the alignment of the bullet and the case
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:20:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Call RCBS and they will probably replace it for free.  They replaced several things that I broke and they replaced them at no cost to me.  Awesome company.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:01:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call RCBS and they will probably replace it for free.  They replaced several things that I broke and they replaced them at no cost to me.  Awesome company.
View Quote
Fair disclaimer, I own no green reloading gear, but by all accounts from those who do the RCBS customer service is stellar. Don't fret, I'd bet they'll replace it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:52:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, call RCBS CS..more then likely they will just mail you a new one..they are one of, if not the best CS crews in the business...
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey guys. Brand new to reloading. Learning from a buddy if mine who has a real nice set up and does nice work. He basically said buy the dies (that he doesn't have) and components and he'll show me how.
I ordered a used RCBS die set for 5.56 off of eBay for a few bucks. Only problem is some how the guy managed to bend the (bear with me here) screwnthat sets the bullet in the case. The seller specified this, I was just inpatient and failed to read.

Question is is this fixable? Will RCBS fix it? Or am I just eating the cost and buying anither one. Thanks
View Quote
RCBS will likely send you a new stem for a phone call.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 1:01:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I needed a round nose seater for my 38 spl die set. I called RCBS and they shipped it to me a few days later free of charge.

Lyman on the other hand.... I called about a flip down rear site that was missing a screw. They said they would send a new one and 2 years later it still hasn't arrived....
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't even call RCBS, I send an e-mail, I have my parts in a week, FOC if the part broke.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#10]
If you are new to reloading, here is some info you can take to the bank:  RCBS has absolutely first rate, world class customer service.  Period. Here endeth the lesson....

Over the past 30 years I've had a few occasions to deal with RCBS customer service.  They've consistently gone well above any realistic expectation.  There are a lot of decent reloading equipment manufacturers out there.  Most make a good product.  As a general policy, I recommend buying RCBS if only for the customer service.  Sooner or later something will crap out.  95% of the time it will be operator error.  It doesn't matter, since RCBS will still make it good for you, even when its not their fault (and is clearly the user who screwed up).  No fuss, no muss, your equipment is back up and operating in no time.  Buying big Green for this reason alone makes sense...

Need an example?:  One time a buddy bought a couple thousand no-name 115grn 9mm FMJ bullets.  No idea who made them. They did have a funky, unusual ogive however, and were giving us fits with the bullet not seating straight.  I called RCBS, hoping for a technical suggestion that might help.  Their response?  "Please stick three of the bullets in an envelop and mail them to us".  Uh, ok.....  A week later RCBS sent me a custom-cut seater plug, no charge.

When in doubt, buy RCBS.  You cannot go wrong....  There are some specialized makers who make some amazing products, some of which may be somewhat better than RCBS, but for the money and for 98% of all reloading needs, RCBS will get it done.

Yes.  I am a fan.  They have earned it.....
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#11]
If I have any issue with any of my RCBS equipment, I call them.  As much for the conversation then anything , but also to inquire about reloading material that might have changed.  They have sent me lots of material to pass out in my reloading classes.  Everyone I have talked to there has been real friendly and helpful!
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#12]
If I have any issue with any of my RCBS equipment, I call them.  As much for the conversation then anything , but also to inquire about reloading material that might have changed.  They have sent me lots of material to pass out in my reloading classes.  Everyone I have talked to there has been real friendly and helpful!
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I will only own Lee and RCBS products(sans my e-scale, it's a Lyman).  Both have stellar CS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top