Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2018 6:59:31 PM EDT
Which is the better route to go?
Brimstone tier 2 or kidd trigger kit?

I'm not ready to spend the money on a complete kidd trigger group yet.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with the Brimstone kit.

Put a Kidd trigger kit in my 10/22 and it is freakin' awesome. Has multiple springs so you can "tune" the pull somewhat. Added the poly/nylon bolt buffer, the bolt hold open device, and the long extended mag release and now have a kick ass 10/22. The long mag release comes down along the trigger guard and looks similar to the action lever on the Ruger #1. This set up allows me to be able to drop an empty mag without moving my shooting hand. The bolt stop only requires using the left hand on the lock back. Once the new mag is in, a simple pull/release ala the Garand (sort of) drops the bolt and you are ready to rock.

Don't know the price difference between the two options, but would definitely buy the Kidd again were I in the market for a 10/22 trigger. ymmv
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Kidd>Brimstone
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:35:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Brimstone is bang for the buck. If it said Geissele, I’d spend $125 on it lol.

You’re paying for first rate, hand polished, unadvertised services. Kidd gets you that extra luxury of the name and it’s about 7% better.

Fact is most people will never feel the difference. I have the budget brimstone set to the sweet spot and I’m sending out 3 others. Bang for the buck can’t be beat and it’s a steal
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:17:15 AM EDT
[#4]
A KIDD single stage would be comparable to a Brimstone Tier 1. For the cost, I don’t think you can beat a Brimstone tuned trigger.  I have a couple of Tier 3 triggers,  one Tier 2 and couldn’t be happier.  I’d suggest at least a Tier 2 so you get the Brimstone aluminum trigger.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:17:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I have both and both are great, my vote would be brimstone tier 2, trigger is nice, bolt release mod but the best improvement comes from the reurn spring mod makes it very smooth. Kidd is really top notch and their complete triggers are awesome (I have 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top