Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 10:58:23 AM EDT
For those of you who have shot brass projectiles before, what do you use for load data? I imagine that like the difference between cast and jacketed bullets your safe powder/pressure is different. However I don't have any books that give any insight there. And maybe I'm all wet here and there isn't any noticeable difference between a brass and jacketed bullet.

I have quite a few brass bullets for a large bore rifle I want to load up. I loaded some initial rounds some years ago but I didn't keep much for notes on them for pressure signs, and honestly probably started at the same powder charge I was using on a similar weight jacketed bullet. But I may have been headed for disaster if I kept it up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I work up a charge same as a normal jacketed bullet or as a barnes ttx...Reduce the starting load the same way and work yourself up..My old barnes book shows the same load data for their brass solids as for their copper bullets...What cartridge OP, it might have load data in one of my barnes manuals...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Its 50bmg and incidentally i have a few of the Barnes solids left to shoot from it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is what my Barnes #3 has.. you can still buy those bigger solids from barnes, the banned solids are under 9.3mm (.366" caliber)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Huh, well that answers that. I was pretty safe. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top