Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2021 5:13:36 PM EDT
Anyone use anything to catch brass on their 9mm and 5.56 uppers?

I shoot all over the place so laying a tarp down isn’t practical and my grass is usually 2-3’ high (depends if the cows have eaten there recently or not) which inhibits searching for it. Or it lands in cow patties. So hanging something off the gun is the most practical way.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I use one of there on my AR's and on my SP5-K

https://www.caldwellshooting.com/range-gear/brass-catchers/ar-pic-rail-brass-catcher/530143.html

Usually can find them for about $30-40 and additional rail clips for $10
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The one for the AR may work well. If you are running drums it might fill rapidly.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]
https://customcastusa.com/collections/brass-catcher-for-m-11

I have no personal experience with them
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#4]
BrassGoat...... BG-15
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely recommend the Caldwell one that mounts to the picatinny. The ones that strap around the handguard are kind of a pain to position and sometimes interferes with proper ejection.

Eta- didn’t know what a lage upper was. It still might work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a Caldwell catcher on the Lage 9mm and MAX11-15 uppers. It will hold an entire beta mag of 5.56 without issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top