Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2023 9:02:07 PM EDT
Just entered firearm info, just after Serial number is a large "Description" box that is just above "State why you intend to make firearm".

I thought the Description box might have been if you clicked the box above stating "my item Description is not in the list, create new item", but I did not check that box and the large Description box will let you enter text.

What are people entering in this box? Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:06:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rmdye] [#1]
this is from the FAQ on brace, this is what I did on mine thats been approved.

Eform brace

its question 15

15. WHAT DO I PUT IN SECTION 4H, ADDITIONAL DESCRIPTION WHICH ASKS FOR THE REQUIRED MAKER’S MARKINGS, TO INCLUDE MAKER’S NAME AS REGISTERED, CITY AND STATE AS EACH WILL APPEAR ON FIREARM?

Answer: Enter the name of the original manufacturer or importer, city, and State as marked on the frame or receiver of the firearm. If the firearm was made by a non-licensee and has no markings (e.g., a privately made firearm), then enter the applicant’s name, city, and State from Section 3b
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
investment
all lawful purposes
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Put All lawful purposes already the the lower box that asks intent, but I'm talking about the "Description" box that is immediately above it and is the same large size.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:15:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HammerTech] [#4]
Box 4h (Description) is for makers info. For a braced pistol, it is the original manufactures info. I left it blank on my brace form since they already have that info in the other box with the serial number. It was approved that way for my Poverty Pony lower.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:22:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I think what's confusing me is there is no qualifying "4h" prefacing the box like would be on a paper Form 1. Maybe this is more for FMI lowers. You'd think it should be grayed out if the small check box above wasn't checked.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I'll leave it blank as my Aero Precision info is already in there with measurements and Caliber above. Good to know you had no issues, at least with that examiner
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:32:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rmdye] [#7]
depends on the person approving it, I seen them come back. I didnt want to take a chance. I had one blank and with drew it after I saw one get disapproved. so I put exactly what they said do on the faq. I really thinks its luck of the draw. I had a friend get approved with ar pistol to sbr due to the ruling  and they approved it. that is box 4h you think they would label it better.  but if you put something in there you see it in box 4h on the pdf
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Completely agree on indicating whether that field populates to 4a versus 4h(additional description). To me, the box above where Aero Precision was already should populate to 4a, but they certainly don't qualify by saying add address below. It also doesn't seem appropriate to put manufacturer address if it populates to 4h. Debating whether to enter Aero Precision again in this non-qualified description box with manufacturer address
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Completely agree on indicating whether that field populates to 4a versus 4h(additional description). To me, the box above where Aero Precision was already should populate to 4a, but they certainly don't qualify by saying add address below. It also doesn't seem appropriate to put manufacturer address if it populates to 4h. Debating whether to enter Aero Precision again in this non-qualified description box with manufacturer address.

Sorry to be lazy, so what did you enter in the box per FAQ?
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok. So even though Aero Precision is already above in the drop down, I should enter Aero Precision LLC Tacoma, WA? Is that consistent with what you entered?
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I did two bushmaster lowers along with 4 other things

the bushmasters I did the marking from the receiver

B.M.I
ILION, NY
U.S.A

for my mke ap5-k
I put the century importer info
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Definitely would be simpler if it said Description (4h). On a paid form 1, it's where the info goes that will be engraved on the lower by the maker( Individual) or trust. The brace form 1 requires no engraving, they allow you to use the original manufacturer info. So put company, city and state info there
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 1:28:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dillon550] [#13]
That's what I ended up doing, and quite frankly it's painfully obvious to me now after everyone pointing it out. I just couldn't connect the parallels of eForms to the paper F-1 I have burned into my mind. I'm good now after cranking through a bunch. Only one pending research, so not too bad. It is April 1st.

Anyway, thanks for the replies fellas. Hopefully someone found entertainment in watching me walk around with my pud in my hand...
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#14]
4a   I put the manufacturer's info

4h   I left blank

Approved.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#15]
On the eform box it just says "description" so I put "DD MK18 pistol w/ attached stabilizing brace" thinking that was a reasonable description. It was approved.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 1:18:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diesel1979] [#16]
I left it blank.  My model was in the drop down and I attached pics of the engraving on the receiver. Submitted 3/1, but not yet approved.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I put Short barreled rifle in a few and they got approved. Then I realized I messed up and started putting the original manufacturer's markings and those got approved as well.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dillon550:
Ok. So even though Aero Precision is already above in the drop down, I should enter Aero Precision LLC Tacoma, WA? Is that consistent with what you entered?
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:20:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TacticoolNinjaName] [#19]
That tripped me up and now I have a bunch of approved form 1s that have 4h saying description makers name and address and mine say some variation of “pistol with brace”.
They all got approved so far so whatever, but it would be nice if their eform had the parenthesis portion like the paper.
I’ve seen others with it blank on their approval screen shots.  Maybe it wasn’t a required field.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Dillon550:
That's what I ended up doing, and quite frankly it's painfully obvious to me now after everyone pointing it out. I just couldn't connect the parallels of eForms to the paper F-1 I have burned into my mind. I'm good now after cranking through a bunch. Only one pending research, so not too bad. It is April 1st.

Anyway, thanks for the replies fellas. Hopefully someone found entertainment in watching me walk around with my pud in my hand...
View Quote
If it makes you feel any better, I had the same brain fart.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TacticoolNinjaName:
That tripped me up and now I have a bunch of approved form 1s that have 4h saying description makers name and address and mine say some variation of “pistol with brace”.
They all got approved so far so whatever, but it would be nice if their eform had the parenthesis portion like the paper.
I’ve seen others with it blank on their approval screen shots.  Maybe it wasn’t a required field.
View Quote

I've read elsewhere that ATF doesn't pay much attention to this field. It appears to be true based on my experience as I did it "incorrectly" and still got approved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top