Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2018 6:49:32 PM EDT
So I just bought my first house. I've recently been struck with the building rifles bug and think its time I start looking into safes. I'm in Florida so basements are practically non-existent and according to the wife, the walk-in closet is not big enough for safe. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with a safe in the garage but is that more common than I realize? I'm beginning to think that is my only option. I cant take over a closet, no real ideal place in the living room or master bedroom (my two kids have the other two bedrooms), which just leaves me with the garage. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It's definitely not the best spot, but plenty of people do it. The most important things are to make sure whatever you get you bolt it down and disguise it if the interior of your garage is visible from the street. You can get fancy and build a cabinet around it or simply just throw a tarp over it even. You can use a goldenrod to keep the humidity inside the safe in check, which is definitely a concern in Florida.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of guys here have a safe in the garage, poster above was spot on, add a dehumidifier in the garage to the above comments.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's definitely not the best spot, but plenty of people do it. The most important things are to make sure whatever you get you bolt it down and disguise it if the interior of your garage is visible from the street. You can get fancy and build a cabinet around it or simply just throw a tarp over it even. You can use a goldenrod to keep the humidity inside the safe in check, which is definitely a concern in Florida.
View Quote
Not Florida, but that's what I did.

They can break in to any RSC in minutes, so if they can't see it, you don't advertise, and you have an alarm monitoring it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top