Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#1]
My last order from Battlehawk got canceled.

I got my SCAR mags from proven outfitters.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My last order from Battlehawk got canceled.

I got my SCAR mags from proven outfitters.
View Quote

That sucks I got my magnifier, holosun hs507c, super scar trigger, and a few other things no problem.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I have fortunately had good luck with Battlehawk Armory.  They also don't overcharge on shipping like a lot of places seem to do now.  I got the Geissele trigger and Pelican case from them, as well as a bunch of other stuff I've ordered in the past couple months.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]
So after messing around with it some more...

It's the little things with this gun that keep impressing me.  One thing that isn't lost on me is how smooth the magazines insert.  Literally it's like polished glass through an oil slick.  There's almost no resistance at all when inserting the mag.  The whole action is just real smooth.

The bolt is smoother than I remember on the older 17S that I shot.  It's not as smooth as a CZ Bren, but it feels real nice.  The irons on it are excellent and I love the design.

Takedown is real easy.  I haven't taken the piston assembly apart yet, but have done everything else with it.  I don't mind the A2 grip, either.  It fits the aesthetic of the gun, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel the same way. I’ve never put this much money into a gun before.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Took it out for the first time today and ran 20 rounds through the pipe as I didn't have much time.  The irons are dead on out of the box.  I had a 8" plate at 50 yards and connected with all 20 shots.  Not that doing that is super impressive itself, I was just surprised how spot on the irons were without needing adjustment, I'm used to needing to make some adjustments to them.  This thing was dead on from the factory.  Now I am just awaiting my ACOG to arrive.  Also, for all the talk about the trigger once you start shooting it actually isn't bad at all I don't think.  And that is coming from me who is a big trigger snob.  It's heavy but it breaks clean and I never felt like it was affecting any of my shots.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Took it out for the first time today and ran 20 rounds through the pipe as I didn't have much time.  The irons are dead on out of the box.  I had a 8" plate at 50 yards and connected with all 20 shots.  Not that doing that is super impressive itself, I was just surprised how spot on the irons were without needing adjustment, I'm used to needing to make some adjustments to them.  This thing was dead on from the factory.  Now I am just awaiting my ACOG to arrive.  Also, for all the talk about the trigger once you start shooting it actually isn't bad at all I don't think.  And that is coming from me who is a big trigger snob.  It's heavy but it breaks clean and I never felt like it was affecting any of my shots.
View Quote

Yeah I was hitting 8" steel at 100 right out of the box with mine as well.

Edit- I'm not really a great shot by any means but I wasn't even benched when firing the first mag and those irons are probably some of the best I've personally used.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Also, for all the talk about the trigger once you start shooting it actually isn't bad at all I don't think.  And that is coming from me who is a big trigger snob.  It's heavy but it breaks clean and I never felt like it was affecting any of my shots.
View Quote

So I used my trigger pull gauge to see what the weight was at... and not too bad.  The factory trigger breaks consistently at 6.25lb.  I've heard some people say they're 8-9lb, so I was pleasantly surprised by that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So I used my trigger pull gauge to see what the weight was at... and not too bad.  The factory trigger breaks consistently at 6.25lb.  I've heard some people say they're 8-9lb, so I was pleasantly surprised by that.
View Quote

It was a gritty milspec type trigger. Not really something that bothers me unless bench shooting but I slap Geissele triggers in everything so I upgraded myself.

Definitely an improvement but I didn't mind the factory trigger so I can understand not wanting to add another $300 to an already expensive rifle.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It was a gritty milspec type trigger. Not really something that bothers me unless bench shooting but I slap Geissele triggers in everything so I upgraded myself.

Definitely an improvement but I didn't mind the factory trigger so I can understand not wanting to add another $300 to an already expensive rifle.
View Quote

I'll always take a better trigger

ACOG shipped out today.  Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have went with an LPVO.  I was thinking of the Trijicon Credo FFP 1-8 w/MRAD reticle.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ACOG shipped out today.  Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have went with an LPVO.  I was thinking of the Trijicon Credo FFP 1-8 w/MRAD reticle.
View Quote

I actually put the 1x8 VCOG on mine and I love it.  I probably should have saved several hundred dollars and gone with the Credo though.  But it's done...too late to do anything other than enjoy it.  :)
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I actually put the 1x8 VCOG on mine and I love it.  I probably should have saved several hundred dollars and gone with the Credo though.  But it's done...too late to do anything other than enjoy it.  :)
View Quote

I'd have loved the VCOG (it'd be my ideal optic) but it's a little more than I want to spend right now.

ETA: Got a Credo 1-8 on order as well.  Gonna just see which optic I prefer between that and the TA11 then return the one I don't want.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Really struggling with these.  I reeeeaaaally like the ACOG a lot, but I also like the extra magnification the Credo offers.  This is tough and I am not sure which I want to part with and which will permanently live on the SCAR
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Really struggling with these.  I reeeeaaaally like the ACOG a lot, but I also like the extra magnification the Credo offers.  This is tough and I am not sure which I want to part with and which will permanently live on the SCAR
View Quote

I was in the same place. I wound up starting with a 3-15 Vortex PST, with the intention that I will get a pelican case, an eotech, and a 1-6 eventually all in QD mounts and run whatever fits best. If you're going to spend the money on the rifle, you might as well go all out ha. But it's not like I can afford another rifle for a different high end optic to live on.

As a side note, the 3-15 makes the rifle kinda crazy heavy. Wish I would have gone 2-10 with an offset dot and been done.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was in the same place. I wound up starting with a 3-15 Vortex PST, with the intention that I will get a pelican case, an eotech, and a 1-6 eventually all in QD mounts and run whatever fits best. If you're going to spend the money on the rifle, you might as well go all out ha. But it's not like I can afford another rifle for a different high end optic to live on.

As a side note, the 3-15 makes the rifle kinda crazy heavy. Wish I would have gone 2-10 with an offset dot and been done.
View Quote

Yeah I like the feel and maneuverability of it with the ACOG.  It really works well as a carbine type configuration.  I do like to stretch my guns out, though, and the 1-8 would aid a lot in doing that.  Plus I really like the reticle on the Credo.

Everything just feels so natural with the ACOG, though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

The ACOG was the better option.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah I like the feel and maneuverability of it with the ACOG.  It really works well as a carbine type configuration.  I do like to stretch my guns out, though, and the 1-8 would aid a lot in doing that.  Plus I really like the reticle on the Credo.

Everything just feels so natural with the ACOG, though.
View Quote

Like most things it’s a trade off. The credo is going to be 2x the weight of the ACOG but its also more versatile. Depending on what you mean by “stretching it out” the credo may not be the best option either. If you want to shoot big white steel plates as far as a 16” 308 is capable then it’s probably fine but if you are talking about small and/or hard to see targets it’s going to limit you. For the same weight and a little bigger packaging something like a Leupold mark 5 or 6 and a few oz for an offset(or piggy back) red dot will give you 18x magnification and let you stretch it out as far as possible.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Like most things it’s a trade off. The credo is going to be 2x the weight of the ACOG but its also more versatile. Depending on what you mean by “stretching it out” the credo may not be the best option either. If you want to shoot big white steel plates as far as a 16” 308 is capable then it’s probably fine but if you are talking about small and/or hard to see targets it’s going to limit you. For the same weight and a little bigger packaging something like a Leupold mark 5 or 6 and a few oz for an offset(or piggy back) red dot will give you 18x magnification and let you stretch it out as far as possible.
View Quote

With my semi autos I don't ever shoot past 500 yards.  That's the extent of what I'd probably take the SCAR out to if I kept the Credo.  I have a 12 and 8 inch plate that I normally shoot.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:39:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Final form is complete.  The Credo made the cut.  The TA11 is neat and looks cleaner on the rifle, but for my uses the Credo 1-8 won out.  I also didn't like how much the reticle blooms on the ACOG when outside.  I know there's ways to resolve that but I'd rather be simplistic and avoid it altogether.  Plus again, for distance shooting (out to 500 yards) the Credo will just be a much better performer overall.

And the Geissele Super SCAR trigger... wow.  I didn't think the factory trigger was all that bad but the Geissele is in a whole different league.

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, that looks pretty damn awesome.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#21]
mmmm yeah. That turned out well.

Well dang, now I might need to get a credo of my own.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top