Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2018 10:17:57 AM EDT
A guy in my state offered up a Kidd build, only Ruger factory part being the receiver. 20" match barrel with all else being standard Kidd. Sub 2lb single stage trigger and EGW 20MOA base, bedded in a Pro Varmint with a tang bolt added.

It's matte stainless, Boyds is a factory black stock.

Supposed to be a one hole 50yd rifle and has shot 6" steel out to 300. Was used in 100 BR for a while. We will see, It is in the mail.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Of course we'll need pics!!!!  :)
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Of course we'll need pics!!!!  :)
View Quote
Supposed to be on the UPS truck tomorrow...
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:22:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll go out on a limb, and say you will not be sorry buying this rifle.  I bought one with a heavy barrel and a Hogue stock and it is a beaut and shoots the same.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I am on the UPS program that alerts me when a package is coming to my address. Yesterday the message was it would be delivered today. This morning it said Monday

Anyway...

Its a matte blasted receiver, stainless 20" heavy barrel, all Kidd internals (regulated for sub to standard velocities) bedded with pillars and an action block in a black Pro Varmint with rear action screw added.

It is supposed to be a one hole gun at 50yds with Eley Contact and has shot 6" steel at 300.

Has a 20 MOA EGW base. Not sure what glass I will put on it but maybe SWFA.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks really nice.  Very jealous.

I have been considering either a complete VQ or KIDD supergrade for some time, but it seems like every time I check the KIDD website (every couple of months), their assembled rifle options are completely different.  And their barrel options are overwhelming.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:seems like every time I check the KIDD website (every couple of months), their assembled rifle options are completely different.  And their barrel options are overwhelming.
View Quote
The good news is with their new super grade system you can swap out a barrel using only two Allen screws with out even removing the stock.

https://youtu.be/3b_Ur6kFpe0
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top