Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2022 11:44:56 AM EDT
I am trying to find a safe that will fit in bottom of closet and hold about 10 handguns. Every store I go to, the safes are in boxes and can;t really get a good feel for what I can do with them.
What are you guys using and do you have pics of the inside?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Titan

More.

Brown

This Brown easily fits in the bottom of a closet.

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
That SnapSafe may be the ticket!
I have a gun locker in a spare closet but it is full.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Years ago when I lived in an apartment (late '80s) I used a Knack toolbox with two recessed locks that was way too heavy for one guy to carry off if i had a break-in. It fit perfect in my closet and only came up to just below my knees providing easy access to my clothes and other stuff . Low profile , built like a tank, secure and i store tools in it today. Back then I had 2 shotguns , a couple handguns a .22 rifle and a shit-ton of ammo to weigh it down. Home Depot sells a Ridgid box that is similar and cheaper
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Years ago when I lived in an apartment (late '80s) I used a Knack toolbox with two recessed locks that was way too heavy for one guy to carry off if i had a break-in. It fit perfect in my closet and only came up to just below my knees providing easy access to my clothes and other stuff . Low profile , built like a tank, secure and i store tools in it today. Back then I had 2 shotguns , a couple handguns a .22 rifle and a shit-ton of ammo to weigh it down. Home Depot sells a Ridgid box that is similar and cheaper
View Quote
Yeah, that's great, but the wife doesn't want a tool box to put jewelry in and doesn't want it in her walk in closet. I am simply trying to get her stuff out of my gun safe, to free up some room.  I quickly realized that she only uses a single shelf, so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.  I did make the mistake of mentioning this to her, and she is warm to the idea of having her jewelry more handy.  Once I remember to measure the closet space, I will probably order one.  The thickness of the Titan is much better than most, and it is modular, which isn't really that important for a 400lb safe, but it might simplify delivery.

I keep looking at the Hornady/Titan/Snap safe.  Today I even signed up for an account, placed one in my cart, and eventually got to the payment page.  No shipping was listed, no tax was listed, no lead time.  That seems too good to be true.  Don't have VPN on when trying to make an account. . I think I am going to try to find a number to call them.

ETA: Just found the tech support # in the FAQ of their site.  I also found shipping is included in the price.  I need to measure tonight and see if wife wants to lose some cubic footage of clothing and shoe space.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top