Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2020 4:13:22 PM EDT
Looking for a pair of boots that are just high enough to have ankle support. I walk around 8-10 miles a day for work most of the time indoors. There Is occasional running involved.
Like the title the budget is around 200 bucks or under preferably around the $100 mark.
The last criteria is that they have to be black.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Merrell makes all black boots that are comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a pair of Merrells. Moab 2 I think. They fit a little snug, so I went 1/2 size larger.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you looked at the Goruck MACV-1 boots.  I bought a pair a while back and I love them.

MACV-1
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Salomon Speed Assaults, my favorite EDC boot.  MSRP of 150ish, can usually find them on sale around 125
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Salomon Speed Assaults, my favorite EDC boot.  MSRP of 150ish, can usually find them on sale around 125
View Quote

This, except I don't think they come in black anymore.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I think I’m going to go with the Salomons I like the look and have hardly any negative reviews. They do come in black or at least ones similar do. Can’t find any online so going to try go to some local stores that say they carry the brand.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walkin'
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 6:07:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I think I’m going to go with the Salomons I like the look and have hardly any negative reviews. They do come in black or at least ones similar do. Can’t find any online so going to try go to some local stores that say they carry the brand.
View Quote

You’re probably not going to find a local store that carries Salomon Forces.

Check OPTactical or US Elite Gear, both of them carry the Forces line.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have you looked at the Goruck MACV-1 boots.  I bought a pair a while back and I love them.

MACV-1
View Quote

I second this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You’re probably not going to find a local store that carries Salomon Forces.

Check OPTactical or US Elite Gear, both of them carry the Forces line.
View Quote

This.

I exclusively buy my Salomons through US Elite. They have phenomenal customer service as well.

The speed assault comes in Black, Brown "burro", and ODG/black
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I ended up ordering from op tactical. The other site didn’t carry them in black.
There was several stores in my area that said they have them at their location but when I showed up they didn’t actually have them.
After shipping came out to around $180
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Salomon xa mids.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Little update on the boots. The Salomon speed assaults are pretty good. I no longer get the knee and back pain I was getting with the athletic shoes I was wearing at the time. I think this will be my go to brand for a while.
How the laces tighten is new concept for me but once I got use to how tight then it’s pretty awesome. The ankle support is just enough where i won’t roll my ankle but where the support itself won’t weaken the strength either. Once broken in hardly feel the boot even on me.
The next time I would get a taller boot because that’s more my preference. But over all a very good boot imo
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Little update on the boots. The Salomon speed assaults are pretty good. I no longer get the knee and back pain I was getting with the athletic shoes I was wearing at the time. I think this will be my go to brand for a while.
How the laces tighten is new concept for me but once I got use to how tight then it’s pretty awesome. The ankle support is just enough where i won’t roll my ankle but where the support itself won’t weaken the strength either. Once broken in hardly feel the boot even on me.
The next time I would get a taller boot because that’s more my preference. But over all a very good boot imo
View Quote

Glad to hear! Like I said they're a blend between trail runner and boot, which is awesome. Continue to look at Salomon options in the future, they have options for just about every use you can think of.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

MACV-1
View Quote
I like the look of those 6" boots and they make adult sizes, that's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Check out Rocky boots in the public service

Rocky boots
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Keens!
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Lowa brand fit my feet the best but, most quality boot makers have a size that will work for most people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top