Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2020 4:42:31 PM EDT
what says the hive?

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Bond Arms for sure. I've had both and still have the Bond (much stronger) and all barrels are interchangeable.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Not even a question.  Bond Arms
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Cute range toy with no practical use.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Boot gun.  Hat/helmet gun.  Bra gun.  Athletic supporter gun.  'Better than a flaccid penis' gun.

MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be well.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Boot gun.  Hat/helmet gun.  Bra gun.  Athletic supporter gun.  'Better than a flaccid penis' gun.

View Quote

Nothing more then a Talisman... if you're going to carry, carry something like you life depends on it. or don't bother, just rely on luck.
Be better then well...
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even a 410 / 45 Colt version? I think it’s a good vehicle weapon, anti carjacking. I wouldn’t CCW just the Bond
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Even a 410 / 45 Colt version? I think it’s a good vehicle weapon, anti carjacking. I wouldn’t CCW just the Bond
View Quote

Are you serious about surviving a car jacking? You think under the duress and the quickness that a car jacking would happen, that trying to retrieve it from what ever hole in the car it's stashed in, then attempt to cock the hammer, and then try to engage that itty bitty trigger is going to be easy? and then if you accomplish all that... you get 2 shots!!!

Doesn't sound too serious to me... Like using a kitchen spoon to till a garden.

But we all get to make choices...
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are you serious about surviving a car jacking? You think under the duress and the quickness that a car jacking would happen, that trying to retrieve it from what ever hole in the car it's stashed in, then attempt to cock the hammer, and then try to engage that itty bitty trigger is going to be easy? and then if you accomplish all that... you get 2 shots!!!

Doesn't sound too serious to me... Like using a kitchen spoon to till a garden.

But we all get to make choices...
View Quote

As a last resort. Didn’t say it was my first choice. I’d rather have something vs nothing. It wouldn’t be stashed away. Everyone is a fucking expert
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Here is what you guys really need...
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got both.  I think the Bond is the better modern design.  But if you want something smaller and more "Cowboyish", the AD is the way to go.

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Harv is right. As defensive guns go they are not good. Heck they are the same weight as a Glock!
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:  Cute range toy with no practical use.
View Quote

Perhaps not as good a as Judge or Governor on snakes, but certainly easier to pocket.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Perhaps not as good a as Judge or Governor on snakes, but certainly easier to pocket.
View Quote

I'll give ya that.. if it's sole purpose is for a snake, in say a 410 caliber pistol.
But if I were wondering around where there are snakes, I would have my normal carry gun, So I would use that.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I go by the notion that your primary gun needs to be mid size (G19 size) after that the second gun (back up gun) you carry is “free”, I would carry a bond arms in 9mm as a BUG every day as long as I had my G19.5 on me.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:29:34 PM EDT
[#16]
The smallest, lightest Bond Arms derringer is 19 ounces and 4.5" long
vs.
dozens of 9mm or .380 semi autos that weigh half as much and offer more than a couple of shots.

Link Posted: 12/9/2020 12:07:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I go by the notion that your primary gun needs to be mid size (G19 size) after that the second gun (back up gun) you carry is “free”, I would carry a bond arms in 9mm as a BUG every day as long as I had my G19.5 on me.
View Quote

The 9mm Boberg copy, maybe.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#18]
A derringer is what you buy when you want a derringer not when you need a gun for defense.  I got mine because I specifically wanted a derringer.  I have other guns for other uses.  It's like having a family and buying a corvette.  You wouldn't do it as your only vehicle because it's not designed for carrying your family.  You buy it after you already have your family car sorted out.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#19]
They're larger and heavier than you may think, without the benefit of being a serious self defense weapon. Still cool AF though. :)

NAA Pug is kinda cool.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#20]
They're fun guns, the first poster never said he was going to use it to protect life and limb.

You can buy extra barrels for 150 -200 bucks or so, and shoot different calibers.

I bought the Snake Slayer!!!, which I'd hate to actually have to use to kill a snake trying to attack me, instead of say, moving back 5 feet and avoiding it.  Recoil is shall we say, stout, with .410 shells.  But a hoot at the range for about 3 shots, then it's time to pass it over to someone else.

The .380 barrels are more decent to shoot with.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I was given a .45 auto Bond Arms as a wedding present. I use to carry it when walking the dog at night in the neighborhood. It was the only small gun I had at the time. Haven’t carried it since I got my LCP, but I have thrown it in the tackle box a few times.

I’d like longer .410 barrels for it just to have for fun.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#22]

For many years I have wanted one just to mess with, recently I have acquired 2 of them top one is Bond arms 45/410 and bottom one is from American firearms in 38 special (precursor to the American Derringer Company).

They both shoot great but are not target guns by any stretch of the imagination but would make fine "get the F**k off me guns" when all else fails.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I've thought about getting one of these as a snake gun...but then the Judge/Governor type revolvers keep seeming like a better choice.  Still want to get one for some reason .
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:  I've thought about getting one of these as a snake gun...but then the Judge/Governor type revolvers keep seeming like a better choice.  Still want to get one for some reason .
View Quote

A backup for when the snake strikes the Judge out of your hand.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bond derringers are not awful for rattlers and Moccasins when loaded with .410.  The Judge and similar have the capacity advantage, but they are not small or easy to tote.  My Bond Arms Snake Slayer IV totes much more easily.  It’s a companion both out west and in Florida.  CCWing the Bond vs the Judge is no contest; Bond all the way.  ETA: Just saw the snake conversation above.

@lokltrkr - Absolutely zero question between the two; Bond Arms is infinitely better.  Glad you got both and can enjoy each!
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:  CCWing the Bond vs the Judge is no contest; Bond all the way.
View Quote

Do the snakes flee when they see the glint off your OC Bond Arms?  Do they slither more quickly if you're printing w/ the Judge?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do the snakes flee when they see the glint off your OC Bond Arms?  Do they slither more quickly if you're printing w/ the Judge?  
View Quote

@backbencher

I’ve never heard of whiny Karens on trails referred to as snakes before, but it works.  

I used to carry a Judge for snakes.  The extra weight and bulk was annoying, but it was an improvement over my prior snake gun.  

Then I had an incident.  Some lady started yelling and making a scene about the ”militia guy on OUR trail.”  (Me in my hiking boots with snake gaiters, blue jeans, a basic Jansport backpack with water, snacks and a Swiss Army style pocket knife, a hooded sweatshirt, and a $&@?! revolver in a flap holster on my belt.)  Apparently she called the cops because of a “man with a gun” after I told her to mind her manners and to stop scaring the deer while simply walking away from her screeching.  County Sheriff deputies arrived and eventually found me.  They asked for my side / ran my ID / etc., found no violations, and allowed me on my way half an hour later.  As per both deputies, it helped that other hikers they interviewed prior to finding me corroborated side my story.

That was when I started looking into smaller options like the Bond.  I appreciate its lighter weight, slimmer profile, and overall smaller size.  I also appreciate avoiding BS like the above on public trails.  The areas I pass through all have decent laws, but that doesn’t mean they all have decent people.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, I own a couple the American chambered 357 mag. Often a backup for myself or my wife. A good shooter. The other I purchased over 20 years ago Davis 38 special.. cheap I know.. well over 500 rounds through it holding up well it's pretty much a daily pocket carry along with the XDs 45 inside the waistband.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top