Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2022 8:40:09 PM EDT
Felt weird thinkin' about it, felt weird installing it, put it to my shoulder and said "Oh Yeah!"

Howa Mini in 762x39, 2moa red dot (chinesium but similar to TRS-25 and has lifetime warranty).  Sighted in dead on at 25 yards (forgot to bring magnification to zero further) and was banging the 6" steel at 200 yards with cheap Golden Tiger ammo.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny...I'm thinking about putting a RMR on a DeLisle clone.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny...I'm thinking about putting a RMR on a DeLisle clone.
View Quote

Do it.  I think the key will be having a small dot or circle, to allow as much precision as possible when aiming.  FWIW I fiddled with both in front of action and behind for placement, and I prefer the front since I can quickly check chamber for round, etc.

Link Posted: 11/13/2022 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems to work for this guy...

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 2:12:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHDgR_cVo
View Quote

Dang, not only can that guy SHOOT (sheesh), but he operates a bolt faster and smoother than anyone I've ever seen!
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dang, not only can that guy SHOOT (sheesh), but he operates a bolt faster and smoother than anyone I've ever seen!
View Quote

If you think that is slick action working, check out the Olympic Biathalon shooters and their toggle actions....
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice looking setup. I'm thinking about throwing a red dot or a 3x on my 700 I use hunting. With all my shot opportunities being well within 100 yards, just seems to make sense.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Put a holdout w acss on a ruger ranch in 7.62x39.

Digging it so far.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#8]
H2 on a 700 sps .300blk, pretty sweet setup.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I've used Aimpoint Micros on a CZ452 for passive suppressed rimfire NV shooting. I like it.

For a while I had planned to stick an EXPS3-0 on a CZ527, again, for suppressed passive NV hunting. Didn't get around to it yet.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve put a red dot on a .35 Whelen carbine yo test out when I was thinking of taking a trip where I wanted a long arm for bear defense.  

For close in shooting, it’s a great option.

I’d much rather have a LPVO for hunting, unless I was planning to shoot running, driven game.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Makes sense for a nice handy carbine in an intermediate caliber like that... especially when it isn't rigged up for irons.

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#12]
A local range holds a regular outlaw rifle match, basically USPSA type courses with rifles instead of pistols and targets from 5 to 100 yards.

One old guys shows up with a Rem 700 in .308 with detachable mags and an EOtech mounted on it, and he runs the hell out of the course. He's not placing first or anything, but he has a blast.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 1:54:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I had one on a savage for a while, and I liked it. It was a good rifle to carry when hunting hill country. Lightweight, and shot opportunities over 50 yards are rare where I hunt.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 3:18:04 AM EDT
[#14]
My 243 has a 3-10x40 with a single red dot. I don’t even notice the crosshairs. 87% of the time it is on 3x.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:25:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I have an MRDS on a Ruger Gunsite Scout and love it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHDgR_cVo

I could literally just watch him shoot and run that bolt gun for an hour and not give a damn what he's shooting at.

Someone needs to spend some time just videoing him running bolts so we can pick up some pointers.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I could literally just watch him shoot and run that bolt gun for an hour and not give a damn what he's shooting at.

Someone needs to spend some time just videoing him running bolts so we can pick up some pointers.
View Quote

Pffff…. Stangskiting

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top