Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 5/9/2020 5:17:21 PM EDT
So the gun won’t cycle more than one round at a time. It will fire but not eject or load another round. I noticed a big crack in the bolt or carrier not too sure which part it is. This happened several years ago and haven’t touched it since, mainly due to the whole lawsuits thing was happening. I have one of the Original GSG5s when they first came out. I can’t find parts anywhere and have had no luck for several years. So is this thing scrap now? It’s been sitting in my safe for a decade broken.  I have searched high and low. New to this forum so I thought I would ask here. Help me revive this awesome little gun!

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The image doesn't show up.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So the gun won’t cycle more than one round at a time. It will fire but not eject or load another round. I noticed a big crack in the bolt or carrier not too sure which part it is. This happened several years ago and haven’t touched it since, mainly due to the whole lawsuits thing was happening. I have one of the Original GSG5s when they first came out. I can’t find parts anywhere and have had no luck for several years. So is this thing scrap now? It’s been sitting in my safe for a decade broken.  I have searched high and low. New to this forum so I thought I would ask here. Help me revive this awesome little gun!

https://ibb.co/V9mCTkR
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#3]
looks broken to me but i don't know the gun. best bet is to take it apart look close and see if it is. then replace bad part and shoot. not sure what else to say.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for posting that picture - not sure why it wasn’t working.

Anyway the rifle, It is broken - I can’t replace the part, hence why I was trying to reach out to you guys that own these types of guns or maybe the ATI representative might chime in on what to do? Otherwise this thing is useless. It needs a new bolt, and I can’t find replacement parts.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
GSG is one of those brands that are off my radar to buy forever. Cheap, cheap, cheap is all I can say about them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VtotheZ:
Thank you for posting that picture - not sure why it wasn’t working.

Anyway the rifle, It is broken - I can’t replace the part, hence why I was trying to reach out to you guys that own these types of guns or maybe the ATI representative might chime in on what to do? Otherwise this thing is useless. It needs a new bolt, and I can’t find replacement parts.
View Quote

Contact ATI customer support and return the gun for service.  I did, and they turned my gun around, with a new bolt-carrier, for $0.  

Give them a chance to fix it. That's your best option.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top