Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2020 2:50:27 PM EDT
Are the bolt groups the same between the GSG-5 and the GSG-522?

I have an early GSG-5, and I'm starting to see FTE's.  I want to send it back to ATI to get the "riveted ejector mod," but they're quoting me 4-6 weeks. I've seen a number of GSG-522 "parts kits" for sale (basically stripped guns minus the right receiver half), many including clearly riveted ejectors.  I'm tempted to just buy one of those, slam the bolt group in and call it a day (3 days vice 4-6 weeks +).

Question: are the bolts the same between the two guns?  I recall reading the "engine" was the same; the only changes were cosmetic driven by the H&K lawsuit.

Anyone have the definitive word?

@ATICSR_Christopher ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Where are you seeing GSG 522 parts kits?

I would pick up  a few spares to keep an SBR going.  Fun guns but hate to have parts dry up.  I have probably one spare kit would feel better with more!
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are you seeing GSG 522 parts kits?

I would pick up  a few spares to keep an SBR going.  Fun guns but hate to have parts dry up.  I have probably one spare kit would feel better with more!
View Quote
Check GunBroker, for starters.  There's usually one or two that pop up each week or so.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
With the older models, we do recommend you send it in so we can update it as much as possible.  We do have a wait time of 4-6 weeks currently, but I would also check w/ CS to make sure we have the parts before you send in, as the older GSG parts are few and far between these days, some of them we can't even get from the Germans anymore because they stopped producing them a long time ago and have none left.
View Quote
Thanks for the advice, Chris.  They're good thoughts.  I just want my ejector riveted, and the CS guy seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem.  He wanted the whole gun, so they could do a "complete check," rather than having me just send in the bolt group, hence my question (and temptation) about simply buying a later GSG-5/522 and grabbing the bolt group.  Sending the entire gun turned out to be a bigger hassle than I want to describe here.

Can you confirm that the GSG-522 bolt group is the same as the GSG-5?  I seem to recall you stating some time ago that "the engine was the same" and only the external cosmetics changed.

Thanks.

Scott
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The bolt and carrier should be the same between the 5 & 522.
View Quote
Thank you, sir.  Hope you're at SHOT and having a good time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top