Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/7/2021 6:39:15 AM EDT
I order a french blunderbuss flintlock. Should get it next week. Some people think it is a useless flintlock
but I like the looks of it. It should make good fire, smoke and boom.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice! I've been tempted to snag one since the InRange videos, too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I order a french blunderbuss flintlock. Should get it next week. Some people think it is a useless flintlock
but I like the looks of it. It should make good fire, smoke and boom.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14298/French-Blunderbuss_jpg-1895978.JPG
View Quote

That actually looks pretty cool!  Where did you order it from and how much?

Thanks!
D
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I want a blunderbuss muzzle device for the Mossberg shockwave

something engraved with scripture around the bell would be nice
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want a blunderbuss muzzle device for the Mossberg shockwave

something engraved with scripture around the bell would be nice
View Quote

They've been made over the years for various choke tube thread patterns - but I haven't seen them in years.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#6]
In the age of primer shortages,  flintlocks  are the shit!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Where did you find it in stock?

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Well if OP isn't going to answer where it's from then I will.

https://www.muzzleloadershop.com/factory-guns/loyalist-arms/

No idea on availability/price but that's the outfit the pictured flintlock is from.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No idea on availability/price but that's the outfit the pictured flintlock is from.
View Quote

Well I have been a little busy this morning. That is the one I got . I don't know how many he has in stock. He sells them for $650 plus shipping. Loyalist arms is a company in Canada.
They are imported from India. If you buy straight from Loyalist they run about $500 but the vent is not drilled. You still have to pay for shipping and I don't know how long or a fee going thru US customs. Another option is Veterans Arms located in GA. Theirs too are from India and are ready to shoot. They go for I think $690 shipped. I would had bought from them if the muzzleloading shop did not have any.I think they are about both good to go from what I have read.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I've wanted a blunderbuss since I was a kid.

"I'll shoot 'em in the back", thanks Uncle Fester.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Sitting Fox has a  kit that runs around $1k. A Rice made barrel(us made) 4 gauge(BIG!, small cannon) and it looks great but I don't have the skills to do such a project.
If I did have the skills I would have gone that route
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33100000/Uncle-Fester-Shoot-him-in-the-back-the-addams-family-1964-33101052-445-556.jpg
View Quote

Heck if I shave my head/beard I can pull off that look. Powder me white and darken my eyes, this could be my next Halloween costume.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I stand corrected on buying straight from Loyalist arms. They wanted US $699! ouch!
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:19:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do you order from them? Nothing has prices listed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How do you order from them? Nothing has prices listed.
View Quote

Call them up and ask. Very small operation. I should get it in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:36:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I is theirs from India also? I'm planning on buying a blunderbuss real soon.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I is theirs from India also? I'm planning on buying a blunderbuss real soon.
View Quote

Yes it is. Looking back Veteran Arms would have been easier to order from but I heard the wait time is long. I would had prefer to
hold in my hands the one I want to purchase. I also heard Veteran Arms puts a little more into the locks on their guns
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I've received a text from Veteran Arms telling me that because of the pandemic, they just received their 1st shipment in 8 months.

Almost all went to backorders.

I was quoted 4-6 months for a blunderbuss.

I'm going to order a blunderbuss or maybe a hand mortar from them soon.

From my research, I believe they are best route for an Indian made import.

cinti.russj
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Got it today.  It sparks well. Lock was clean on the inside. Finish and fit is what is expected for a India made muzzle loader.
I find the ram rod fits a little loose but it does have a worm on one end. I will make another ram rod just for shooting and keep the original in place.
The wood does have a couple of bad lines in it which may lead to cracks later. It is a massive stock on it. But I am happy with it so far. The max load will be
75 grs FF with about 1 1/8 oz bird shot. As soon as the rain stops I will be firing it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The opening of the barrel is close to 1.5"
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Neat. Thanks for the update. Hopefully it's not your last as I'd like to hear more.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#21]
The ad said 18" barrels but I measured 16" to breech. I think I better check the gauge by seeing if a 3/4" wood dowel will
slide down the barrel with ease. I am debating whether to try polish the brass or not. I do have a bronze tube 4# cannon and keep it where you can see yourself.
The brass here is not as smooth as the cannon so it may not be worth it. The brass on my Brown Bess(Italian made) I keep polished but it came pretty smooth to begin with.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Got to shoot one from Veteran Arms last weekend.

Fun to shoot for shure .

I believe we were shooting 69 caliber round balls with a coffee filter patch.

Point of aim should be at 15 yard or so is “cover target with muzzle.

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#23]
https://youtu.be/4L4ATbz4LiU

75 grains bp with same volume of #6 shot. I was going to use some 10 gauge cards between powder/shot and to seal it in but the cards were too small.
Just used scott towel instead. I will try cotton balls next time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice!
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Cool!

Thanks for posting something different OP.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Must resist temptation!
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://youtu.be/4L4ATbz4LiU

75 grains bp with same volume of #6 shot. I was going to use some 10 gauge cards between powder/shot and to seal it in but the cards were too small.
Just used scott towel instead. I will try cotton balls next time.
View Quote

That is awesome!

You're going to make me buy one LOL
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't know how these still shots will work getting posted so here is a go.

Attachment Attached File

sparks hitting pan.

Attachment Attached File

pan lighting up. You will notice my forehead lights up as compared to sparks hitting pan picture

Attachment Attached File

charge firing

Not a left hand lock but selfie mode on phone
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 2:29:25 AM EDT
[#29]
That's cool. Why does everybody in Louisiana wear white boots? As soon as I saw them I looked to see where you're from. I wouldn't even be able to find white rubber boots out here in the West Coast.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That's cool. Why does everybody in Louisiana wear white boots? As soon as I saw them I looked to see where you're from. I wouldn't even be able to find white rubber boots out here in the West Coast.
View Quote

It is a short boot that is easy to put on and off. Being white they are also cooler than a black boot. Yes shrimpers do wear them. Even the walmart sells them here.
There is a version of the boots that are very lite in weight. Don't know how long those will last. With how wet it gets here it is a requirement.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#31]
For those who likes the passgas55 fashion line....

https://www.walmart.com/ip/George-Men-s-Waterproof-Shrimper-Boot/963018649
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
For those who likes the passgas55 fashion line....

https://www.walmart.com/ip/George-Men-s-Waterproof-Shrimper-Boot/963018649
View Quote

They are called Hyde County Reboks around here! :)
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I just ordered one of these. I figured it might be fun to play around with:
Percussion Blunderbuss at muzzleloaders. com
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saw the ad today. I need to see if any flintlock pistols came in. Once together shoot some pictures .
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:31:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw that. I have to figure out how I can shoot shot in it. That's basically a 28 gauge. It sucks it doesn't come with a ramrod.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I saw that. I have to figure out how I can shoot shot in it. That's basically a 28 gauge. It sucks it doesn't come with a ramrod.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's as easy as power-wad-shot-wad. You can load about anything. How it patterns.... now that is the question.

I didn't notice it doesn't come with a ramrod. That's interesting, but it looks like wood dowels work just as well, if not better. Just something to tuck into your kit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I think it's as easy as power-wad-shot-wad. You can load about anything. How it patterns.... now that is the question.

I didn't notice it doesn't come with a ramrod. That's interesting, but it looks like wood dowels work just as well, if not better. Just something to tuck into your kit.
View Quote

Yep. I found the cards at grafs last night after posting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:58:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Looks fun to play with but that $600-$700 price tag seems crazy for a brass barrel gun.

Bet the Indian kid beating them out in his garage gets about $15 for the gun and somebody else gets $20 for the lock. Middle guys and shipping brings it up to the full price
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Looks fun to play with but that $600-$700 price tag seems crazy for a brass barrel gun.

Bet the Indian kid beating them out in his garage gets about $15 for the gun and somebody else gets $20 for the lock. Middle guys and shipping brings it up to the full price
View Quote

That's the same way I feel.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33100000/Uncle-Fester-Shoot-him-in-the-back-the-addams-family-1964-33101052-445-556.jpg
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Saw the ad today. I need to see if any flintlock pistols came in. Once together shoot some pictures .
View Quote

Not a good picture but it was mostly overcast outside. I can't say I am really happy with the way the stock turned out. After I try to shoot it this weekend I may disassemble it, sand the stock down and redo it in a lghter color, but this dark color is all I had at the moment.. It is below with my other two Traditions kit black powder guns..
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't know how these still shots will work getting posted so here is a go.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14298/blunderbuss_Moment_jpg-1916267.JPG

sparks hitting pan.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14298/blunderbuss_Moment_2__jpg-1916271.JPG

pan lighting up. You will notice my forehead lights up as compared to sparks hitting pan picture

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14298/blunderbuss_Moment_3__jpg-1916272.JPG

charge firing

Not a left hand lock but selfie mode on phone
View Quote

That’s a cool rifle.
Noticed your down the bayou Reeboks, then looked at your location. Yep, I was right.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:12:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not a good picture but it was mostly overcast outside. I can't say I am really happy with the way the stock turned out. After I try to shoot it this weekend I may disassemble it, sand the stock down and redo it in a lghter color, but this dark color is all I had at the moment.. It is below with my other two Traditions kit black powder guns..
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116588/TBRK-050521F_jpg-1930770.JPG
View Quote

I love it. It looks great. I was just thinking if I build one I want the wood really dark like that. It makes it look old. My parents used to make distressed furniture. They'd beat it with chains and burn it with torches and stuff and it always looked black like that. If I build one of these I want to do that to make it look ancient. Probably half burn the stock, beat it with a chain, stain it dark brown/almost black and let the metal sit outside and rust until it gets pitting. What did you use to color that?

How hard was it to assemble the kit? How much fitting?
ETA: I don't want to hijack the OPs thread any more, so I'll just add this here. I contacted traditions suggesting to them that they should make their kit in 10 or 12 gauge. Maybe if a few people ask for it they'll do it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I love it. It looks great. I was just thinking if I build one I want the wood really dark like that. It makes it look old. My parents used to make distressed furniture. They'd beat it with chains and burn it with torches and stuff and it always looked black like that. If I build one of these I want to do that to make it look ancient. Probably half burn the stock, beat it with a chain, stain it dark brown/almost black and let the metal sit outside and rust until it gets pitting. What did you use to color that?

How hard was it to assemble the kit? How much fitting?
View Quote

It was Min-Wax Dark Walnut.

It did go together rather easily which is why I am thinking it would be easy to dissassemble if I want to change the stock color. I will wait until I shoot it tomorrow and see how I like it then. I may leave it that way.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#45]
I shot mine this last weekend. 60 grains of powder and two .315 caliber lead balls.. lots of smoke..

Attachment Attached File

The instructions say not to use steel shot, so I ordered some lead shot from Grafs and Sons and will try that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I shot mine this last weekend. 60 grains of powder and two .315 caliber lead balls.. lots of smoke..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116588/RY-358_jpg-1938183.JPG

The instructions say not to use steel shot, so I ordered some lead shot from Grafs and Sons and will try that.
View Quote

What are you using for a ramrod?
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What are you using for a ramrod?
View Quote

Some time ago I ordered a Traditions brass 3-piece ramrod from Cabela's since I have some other black powder rifles. Although they came with ramrods I wanted something a little more sturdy with an adjustable length.

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't think  I have the balls to shoot an Indian flintlock.  I guess my fears were unfounded
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#49]
For a ramrod I took a 3/4" oak dowel and cut it to about 20" .  Stained it then a coat of tru oil.
edit to add 3/4" is good for a 10 gauge. 12 gauge or smaller a 5/8" dowel may do. Use oak it is much stiffer than the cheaper dowels.
Get thenm at Homedepot.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#50]
I'd like a blunderbuss but I'd want something with a more generous bore...4 gauge?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top