Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2018 10:12:12 AM EDT
Just a heads up for anyone who missed it. The email ended up in my spam folder for some reason, glad I decided to clean that out today.

I've downloaded the app and played with it a bit and it solves a lot of my small gripes with the LabRadar. No more worrying about messing with alignment when pressing buttons, everything is done from the app on your phone. No more struggling to read the screen in bright sunlight, the screen on my phone is miles better than the one on the LabRadar and it's all right there. The menus are also more friendly/intuitive on the app and all your settings can be changed via the app.

Align and turn on the  unit, fire up the app and start shooting. This is a game changer for an already great product, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome. That does help. I love the way the Caldwell ap works. It was a major complainy for me when I switched.. Kind of long time coming though.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kind of long time coming though.
View Quote
You ain't kidding.

I bought mine early on and spent a lot of time checking and waiting for the promised bluetooth update. I finally just gave up and forgot about it, so finding that email this morning was a pleasant surprise.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the app in the app store? I couldn't find it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is the app in the app store? I couldn't find it.
View Quote
If you're looking for iOS, I don't think it's out yet. Android app is at Google Play Store.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I've loaded it and loaded the all on my phone but still haven't been able to get it to connect. This would be a major upgrade to the system's functionality.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you attempting to connect through the app or like a traditional Bluetooth device? I just fired up the app, turned on the LabRadar and the app found it, easy-peasy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Trying to work through the app, but it doesn't see it. I can see the bluetooth listed on my phone.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Trying to work through the app, but it doesn't see it. I can see the bluetooth listed on my phone.
View Quote
Havent tried yet cause I have an Iphone.. Sigh.. But title says requires firmware update. Try That?
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Havent tried yet cause I have an Iphone.. Sigh.. But title says requires firmware update. Try That?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Already did the firmware update

Figured out the issue - location services have to be enabled.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I have things installed but have yet to test it out.

This was a long time coming, that is for sure. Very excited!
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Very excited!
View Quote
Yeah, so was I. Then I took it to the range this morning. They definitely have some bugs to work out. No time for an in depth review, but you might want to adjust expectations a bit. It works, but there are some issues. There's a thread in the precision rifle reloading forum on this subject as well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#12]
iOS version released about an hour ago.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah, so was I. Then I took it to the range this morning. They definitely have some bugs to work out. No time for an in depth review, but you might want to adjust expectations a bit. It works, but there are some issues. There's a thread in the precision rifle reloading forum on this subject as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very excited!
Same here. Disconnected a lot, and had problems connecting sometimes. Can't reconnect in the middle of a string. Can't easily look at a list of the shot-by-shot velocities (you can look at a list of the shots, then click on each one to look at its MV individually, which is slow as hell). No way to export data to email, google sheets, etc. Still lots of work that needs to be done.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I had to go to a foreign link to get it. (IOS) Now all I get is "communication error".

SOLVED: I needed the firmware update.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:39:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Dumb question:  How do you open the .bin files?

Thank you for the help.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Deleted
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dumb question:  How do you open the .bin files?

Thank you for the help.
View Quote
You don't open bin files, drag them on to the Labradar SD card, insert card, power on. It automatically updates then deletes the bin files from the card.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Double Post.

Sorry
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a lot of connection errors as well. Takes me 2-10 times to connect.

Have not taken it to the range yet.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Very excited, I'm going to have to check this out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top