User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 8/26/2021 2:22:47 AM EDT
Are these still being made/supported?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah, website wasn’t loading for me earlier. Now is.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
OST
Let us know what you learn OP... I’m interested.

I wanted to buy one earlier this year around January and I remember him saying over the phone that the wait time was ... significant.  And Barrett (& distributes) couldn’t even give me a ballpark wait time on a M95/M99.  I didn’t like the tubular look of the SHTF and Serbu bolt Guns.  And the Armalite was just TOO giant and heavy.

So I ordered a McCutchen MF-50 instead.  Wait was only ~2mo. Good dealing with them.

Choice of muzzle brake, barrel length options, nitrided barrel action & bolt, quite nice trigger.  Their lower receiver and stock are nice, too. Good safety features, too (FP cant fall if OOB at all, over pressure vent holes, beefy receiver, your face/neck isn’t inline behind the action ().

I got the single shot version so I can’t comment on their mag version (which I think takes AI mags).

30” Heavy Barrel with Armalite Brake
4-24x50 Vortex scope in vortex Rings
UTG overbore Bipod (don’t knock it, it’s great)
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/26/2021 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]
So either I am missing the price on their website or it is omitted.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Funny story about Bluegrass Armory. They had set up at a Nashville gun show back around '02- '03. They had a Viper on the table and the owner was talking it up to a bunch of guys that were crowded around the table.
What caught my ear was when he said "The Viper is going to be the new heavy rifle for the Army. The Army is making Barrett buy back all the M107's and is buying the Viper"
I spoke up and told him the I was head of the assembly shop at Barrett and hadn't heard that one at all. As a matter of fact I had just crated up the monthly allotment of 100 rifles and shipped them a few days ago and was test firing the next 100 rifle allotment for this month.

He got the deer in the headlight look and stammered some BS . I looked at him and laughed. So did a bunch of others standing around.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Funny story about Bluegrass Armory. They had set up at a Nashville gun show back around '02- '03. They had a Viper on the table and the owner was talking it up to a bunch of guys that were crowded around the table.
What caught my ear was when he said "The Viper is going to be the new heavy rifle for the Army. The Army is making Barrett buy back all the M107's and is buying the Viper"
I spoke up and told him the I was head of the assembly shop at Barrett and hadn't heard that one at all. As a matter of fact I had just crated up the monthly allotment of 100 rifles and shipped them a few days ago and was test firing the next 100 rifle allotment for this month.

He got the deer in the headlight look and stammered some BS . I looked at him and laughed. So did a bunch of others standing around.
View Quote

Didn't the Bluegrass guy have some connection with Barrett? I seem to remember something when they first showed up. Or maybe it was that they copied the 99 in some way. Been too long. I'm pretty happy I went Barrett.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Didn't the Bluegrass guy have some connection with Barrett? I seem to remember something when they first showed up. Or maybe it was that they copied the 99 in some way. Been too long. I'm pretty happy I went Barrett.
View Quote

Yes. The purchasing guy at Barrett decided to farm out some work to Bluegrass. Basically gave them a full set of blue prints to the 99. Bluegrass changed a few details to make it their own.
I had tried to warn the purchasing guy that Bluegrass was trying to bud a bolt gun .50
I really believe there was more to it. Just couldn't prove it.

Purchasing guy was later asked to leave voluntarily over other improprieties.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:46:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Doesn’t surprise me. Never have seen one in person and unless it’s half the price I don’t understand why anyone would go that way.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 2:55:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Doesn’t surprise me. Never have seen one in person and unless it’s half the price I don’t understand why anyone would go that way.
View Quote

I got one years ago when they first came out. They had them for sale at an introductory price. I forget what I paid but It was pretty cheap I think around $2,200 or so. I got mine with a lefty bolt. Wound up selling my M99. Probably should have kept that one too but needed the cash to put into another rifle at the time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I got one years ago when they first came out. They had them for sale at an introductory price. I forget what I paid but It was pretty cheap I think around $2,200 or so. I got mine with a lefty bolt. Wound up selling my M99. Probably should have kept that one too but needed the cash to put into another rifle at the time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least it was lefty which as far as I know Barrett has never offered. How long ago? I can't remember what I bought my first 99 for a million years ago but I am pretty sure it was close to $3k
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

At least it was lefty which as far as I know Barrett has never offered. How long ago? I can't remember what I bought my first 99 for a million years ago but I am pretty sure it was close to $3k
View Quote

Bought right before the CA 50 bmg ban went into effect, so in (2004) I think. I can't believe it was that long ago. Crazy how time flies.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top