Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2018 8:25:58 PM EDT
Been using the 147gr xtreme bullets 9mm. How do they stack up against 147gr blue bullet?

Anyone shoot the blue bullets suppressed?
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Blue Bullets are more accurate. I've shot them though my 9mm suppressed AR without any problems.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
X-Treme is going out of business, if that matters.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The 147gr BB's are really nice, shoot them in a PCC and several handguns.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
First I heard this.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Where did you hear of this? I was going to place another order pretty soon. The Xtreme 147's were pretty accurate for me and shot suppressed pretty good
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Source? I had not heard this. I use xtreme exclusively.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
We used to use  xtreme but they priced their self out of us even considering them anymore.

Decent products but nothing that justified the price IMO.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
When? I placed an order a month ago and it still hasn’t shipped
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We used to use  xtreme but they priced their self out of us even considering them anymore.

Decent products but nothing that justified the price IMO.
View Quote
Yea they used to be a good deal but they are ridiculous now
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When? I placed an order a month ago and it still hasn’t shipped
View Quote
I had an order take 5 weeks to just ship, then it took another week for delivery.

Did you order 165gr 9mm? That is what I ordered and I just assumed they had to make them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I had an order take 5 weeks to just ship, then it took another week for delivery.

Did you order 165gr 9mm? That is what I ordered and I just assumed they had to make them.
View Quote
No, these were 158gr 38 /357’s

I used to use their 147gr 9mm for several years but now I can buy Rmr fmj’s for less
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Where did you hear of this? I was going to place another order pretty soon. The Xtreme 147's were pretty accurate for me and shot suppressed pretty good
View Quote
The company that owns them went bankrupt. Many doors
we’re shut as of 3 weeks ago, extreme was one.

It’s possible they were absorbed by someone since then.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are still sending me emails
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They are still sending me emails
View Quote
Same, I am still getting emails as well.
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Agree with everything in this thread.

1) Xtreme is expensive nowadays, even with their "5% off sales".
2) Xtreme has the SLOWEST shipping and order delivery I have ever seen.
3) Xtreme makes good products.

I hope they don't go out of business, that would really suck for the industry in general, but maybe under new management, they can get their act together with regards to shipping, and maybe pricing as well.

I like Blue Bullets in my .40 match gun, but have no experience with them in 9mm. They do give you blue "Smurf fingers" when you load with them. I have learned to load them with a single latex glove on my left hand.

Xtreme bullets work well in 9mm (I used to use them all the time). I prefer RMR bullets now (Rocky Mountain Reloading) - great quality, fast shipping, great prices (always use a discount code).
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I've used both.

Blue Bullets are more bang for your buck not just because of the price but also I can make Power Factor with less powder than shooting jacketed.  If PF is a consideration.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 6:14:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Take a look at H & S Bullets for coated bullets. Extremely attractive pricing, super fast shipping, and very high quality.
Their product range is limited, I believe it's a 1 man operation.
I'm extremely satisfied with performance of their 9mm 124gr RN, 10mm 180gr TC, and 45ACP 230gr RN.
After tens of thousands of Xtreme bullets down the pipe,
I've completely given up on them and now load H & S Bullets for all pistol rounds.
Hopefully they'll be coming out with a .357 Mag bullet soon.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#18]
I like blue bullets, but they only do .355

If you need .356, try acme. You can find discount codes with a little googling (theres a membership discount for the Brian enos forum, but I can't remember it).

Try stoeger for blue bullets.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wouldn't surprise me.  I've been doing business with the bullet making facility in Mound House, NV since 1992.  Used to be called West Coast Bullet.  The nice thing was they are close enough we could take a truck and pick up the order.  I'm talking wholesale orders of around 50K.

They've gone through several owners since then and the current owner, X-Treme, has been the worst with poor customer service and prices that just get higher.

Hopefully they'll keep going with a new/better owner.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought a bunch of blue bullets a little while ago.  I got 9mm and 45.  Only used the 45 so far.  They seem good.  I'll be a repeat customer.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I have used Blue Bullets before.   They work fine, but I prefer the HiTek coated ones from either Missouri or Bayou.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 3:53:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have used Blue Bullets before.   They work fine, but I prefer the HiTek coated ones from either Missouri or Bayou.
View Quote
I have used Bayou as well and I think their coating is more consistent than other coated Bullets.
I like them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#24]
I have been using Xtreme for over 5 years. Come to think of it, I have not received and email from them in over a week. I guess they did go out of business according to everyone and the article. I just looked into the Blue Bullets. Are they really worth it?
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#25]
well that sucks.

how well do the blue bullets work through a suppressor?
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
well that sucks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
well that sucks.

I shoot them through my suppressed 9mm SBR, without any issues.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:34:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Found out Mother’s Day weekend.

Couldn’t say much.

Hope no one lost any money.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 5:17:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Couldn’t say much.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Couldn’t say much.

It is a Chapter 11 reorganization mostly to restruct bank loans. Chapter 7 means going out of business.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It is a Chapter 11 reorganization mostly to restruct bank loans. Chapter 7 means going out of business.
View Quote
While that's true, there is still a question as to whether Extreme will continue to exist as a bullet maker for the reloading community.

Particularly ominous is this part of the American Rifleman article linked above:

"By 2017, cost-cutting measures were underway, and a restructuring officer was appointed by the bank to step into the supervisory role historically performed by majority stock owner David Howell. Zion’s appointee was terminated last week, a day before the Chapter 11 paperwork was filed, and court documents allege the person’s lack of knowledge in the industry resulted in significant damage to the companies."

Sounds like the bank sent an non-gun guy "restructuring officer" in, and that person completely screwed things up worse than they were.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
While that's true, there is still a question as to whether Extreme will continue to exist as a bullet maker for the reloading community.

Particularly ominous is this part of the American Rifleman article linked above:

"By 2017, cost-cutting measures were underway, and a restructuring officer was appointed by the bank to step into the supervisory role historically performed by majority stock owner David Howell. Zion’s appointee was terminated last week, a day before the Chapter 11 paperwork was filed, and court documents allege the person’s lack of knowledge in the industry resulted in significant damage to the companies."

Sounds like the bank sent an non-gun guy "restructuring officer" in, and that person completely screwed things up worse than they were.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is real common in the business world,  bring someone that doesn’t know the business
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top