Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2021 12:59:52 AM EDT
A recent thread in Silencers showed a single clipped baffle collapsed a little into the clip, reducing the bore.  It’s a rare occurrence but it got me thinking.

I know some people/designs like to leave the blast baffle unclipped, usually for symmetry/stability concerns,  but it should also be stronger than the horseshoe cross section of a clipped baffle tip. It occurred to me that the Griffin Eco-flow Gen 2 style clip, as used in the Bushwacker, leaves the tip face as a strong, intact ring.  To do this clip well probably requires an end mill cut depending on cone style.

Has anyone used this style of clip for an entire stack or just the blast baffle(s), or considered trying it?  It seems like it metered well on Pew Science test of the Griffin Optimus.

Baffle Clip of interest:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I highly doubt many, or any, F1 builders have used this style porting. It's origins date back to the 80's, from the mind of Doug Olson. I believe even @PHD used it in some designs/testing.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
What suppressor would this benefit most, small or big bore, subs or supers?   Is this a blast baffle only, mixed with other styles of clips, or entire stack proposition?

just looking for theory and knowledge....  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Griffin did the entire stack that way. I was thinking it might be useful on thin materials or blast baffles.  To prevent a failure of a clip squeezing shut or the bore warping out of round.  Keeping the baffle tip as an intact ring would seem to be stronger.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I might clip my next BB like that while retaining the traditional single clip going forward.  Might. Haven’t decided yet.  Going on a dedicated 5.56.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top