Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 7/6/2018 4:24:30 PM EDT
She's about to turn 16.  Looking for something she can carry unobtrusively.  She demands pink.  Whatever, she's a girl, haha.  Recommendation for a decent carry knife for a petite female?  I have all kinds of knives, but I tend to carry autos with decent blade size or clinch picks.  Hell maybe a clinch pick is appropriate for her.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Delica
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's for self defense, size matters (especially length). IMO. They make bras for carry, surely she could equip herself with a nice sized auto there, maybe a medium sized folder that can be deployed quickly. God forbid she ever need them for self defense, but if she does, one at the neck or bra may not be readily accessible, especially if she's caught off guard.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
@Inquisitive_Spaniard

This guy made a few of mine.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Benchmade Mini-Griptillian, or regular size. You can get them in pink if you go through the configurator.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#6]
A can of pink mace.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Delica
View Quote
Or Dragonfly
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:49:11 AM EDT
[#8]
How about a Benchmade Bugout?
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 2:12:28 AM EDT
[#9]

I have bought a few very nice Kershaw form them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Benchmade Mini-Griptillian, or regular size. You can get them in pink if you go through the configurator.
View Quote
That looks really nice and she can customize it for herself.  Awesome!  Thank you
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, the Mini Griptilians are the way to go:

Both blade styles available, but I would recommend getting a deep-pocket clip if she wants it even more unobtrusive.  They are well made, good locking mechanism, and will last.  I bought Mini-Grips for both my wife and daughter.  I love Spyderco knives, but I think they're better suited to more experienced knife users as many of the their models have pretty thin tips and less-experienced knife users often end up breaking those types of blade tips. The Griptilian knives area good balance of a thin blade with a more robust tip design...great for a new knife user IMHO.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#13]
One more vote for the Mini Griptillian here.  I also got my oldest a SOG Key Knife as a back up.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:45:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought my wife a purple delica.

I bought my 5 yo daughter a Kershaw Scallion
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Pink PM2 at Bento Box

About 2/3s the way down, $136

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Get her a Mora. Let her choose the color. Loop the scabbard to the inside of her purse.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#17]
If its for self defense fixed blade is the only way to go.

Drawing any folder(auto or otherwise) and having it fail open or failing to get it open would be about the worst possible feeling in the world, right behind whatever the assailant does to you when he realizes you just tried and failed to pull a knife on him.

The sheath setup is going to be even more important than the knife itself.  The nicest knife in the world is worth shit for self defense if you can't deploy it almost instantly, every time.

I have a Benchmade SOCP dagger that can ride in my pants pocket with just the ring sticking out.  Index finger through the ring and pull and it comes right into the hand ready for stabbing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Kershaw Leek.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Idk, pink blade at 45 perhaps?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#20]
If it's just for EDC task I would go with Spyderco PM2 or Benchmade Griptilian. But if it is for solely defensive purposes I carry a Spyderco Matriarch II with the Emerson wave feature and added signet ring to keep it in my hands. All you have to do is slash away with this awesome blade !!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#21]
As others have mentioned ... Delica.  I bought my wife a purple Delica, and she used it quite a lot.

If you want to spend more money ....

Paramilitary 2 in pink ...

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Knife-Pink--51528

My wife and I both carry PM2s ,and they're very high quality folders.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 12:54:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm thinking about buying my daughter a knife as well and was considering one of these. I have the big brother, the full sized Umnumzaan folder and it is a fantastic knife. That price is a very reasonable price for one of these as well. They come with titanium scales, sorry no pink. Maybe you can find a metal refinisher who can "color" the titanium scales pink?  Maybe they can add an aftermarket pink cerakote to the titanium scales?

Link to small sebenza
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#23]
My daughter carries a Spyderco Dragonfly 2. My wife likes a small fixed blade and carries the esee Izula in pink.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Seriously...

I'm sure that fits right in with nap time and fingerpainting in kindergarten lol.

I'm all for teaching kids at a young age but jesus christ, 5 years old with a potentially lethal weapon.  Theres a wiiiide line between teaching kids how to shoot/fight/whatever and sending them to school armed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Seriously...

I'm sure that fits right in with nap time and fingerpainting in kindergarten lol.

I'm all for teaching kids at a young age but jesus christ, 5 years old with a potentially lethal weapon.  Theres a wiiiide line between teaching kids how to shoot/fight/whatever and sending them to school armed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously...

Your avatar is perfect for that post.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Kershaw Leek.
View Quote
In pink!
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 4:49:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Your avatar is perfect for that post.
View Quote
Lol IKR!
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top