Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 5/8/2022 1:07:04 PM EDT
Understandably the Blackjack's can't be custom ordered, and lack the prestige, but are they just as tough?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Father's day is coming and I'm not sure if I want a G20 or something nice and sharp.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Blackjacks are ok.  But they don't have the panache of a Randall.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I was about to comment that while a Blackjack for $300 is a nice knife, its not much of a stretch to get the real thing as i thought there were many re-sellers who have pretty good stocks of them'

(mine for comparison  1-8 stag )

I was wrong -- when i did a quick search to see what mine would cost in todays dollars i was astounded    --     So buy a Blackjack if you want a field tool to use right away i guess
   But OTOH, i post a little bit in the watch forums here - there are guys who would gladly fork over 12, 15 even 20k for a Rolex Sub or GMT too.      

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dmd=2&_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_ssn=sjjp&store_cat=0&store_name=sjjpknives&_oac=1&_nkw=%231-8
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:55:13 AM EDT
[#5]
blackjack mamba's are pretty neat
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#6]
With the exception of the Model 18 Attack Survival I showed all of my Randalls are working knives.  It's sad that so many take a very, very good piece of equipment and because of it's price stick it in a drawer and never use it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With the exception of the Model 18 Attack Survival I showed all of my Randalls are working knives.  It's sad that so many take a very, very good piece of equipment and because of it's price stick it in a drawer and never use it.
View Quote

Aggreed!!!! Both my 5-5, and especially my Model 21 Lil Game... EDC fixed blade.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#8]
just got this custom-order in today:

" />
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:53:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't have to wait on a blackjack.
  Took almost three years to get the two Randall's after I ordered them.....
And yes the Blackjacks will hold up..
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
blackjack mamba's are pretty neat
View Quote

Interesting bit of history. Most know that BRKT makes many of Blackjack's knives (or did). They also made their own "Mamba", the BRKT "Evolution 1". I picked one up and the BRKT owner later said that they wouldn't make them anymore due to the difficulty and safety concerns of sharpening them.  Excellent design though!

Blackjack blades are users. Keep your Randall in the gun safe and use your Blackjack in the field
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#11]
@ROCK6

When did BRKT stop making Blackjacks?  I have several of both and they are all great knives.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@ROCK6
When did BRKT stop making Blackjacks?  I have several of both and they are all great knives.
View Quote

They haven't, but not all Blackjack knives are or were made by BRKT...some were made in Taiwan if I recall correctly (not their flagship models).

ROCK6
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
just got this custom-order in today:

https://i.imgur.com/1htvfNE.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/1htvfNE.jpg
View Quote

Beautiful blade! I have one similar with black scales and border patrol profile. I love the saw/no saw profile. I'm waiting on 2 more Randalls.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top