Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2018 7:38:05 PM EDT
Any input or direction would be greatly appreciated.  I am starting to make my own leather, but would like a kydex, maybe retention.  Will a regular 509 holster work??

Thanks
Doc
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
In the same boat, interested.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:19:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Strictly speaking on custom kydex...

Your first challenge is finding someone with a 509 mold. The 509 and 509T appear to have the same slide profile aside from the rmr cut area. The frames appear the same as well. What I would do is find a kydex maker with a 509 mold, ask them if they can adjust for a threaded barrel and cut it low for the rmr. Ktmech I’m pretty sure has done 509’s...

Getting something off the shelf from galco/safariland/other major mass producers is likely going to take a bit.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Saw this and just giving it a little bump. Have a 509, and the only thing keeping me from an additional 509T is not knowing of any good tactical type OWB G-Codeish holsters.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a holster for a FNS 9L from these guys, super nice quality. It appears they make their pancake OWB for the 509 and it has a RMR cut already...and there is the option of choosing threaded barrel...

C&G Holsters

G-Code..ish. Lots of options, I didn't go through them...

ANR Design

This appears it would also work...

Galco M5X

Google fn 509 kydex holster and look around a bit.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
That ANR stuff doesn't look bad at all. Didn't see an option for threaded barrel/open end, just RMR cut and suppressor height sights. Maybe choosing the suppressor height sights automatically adds the open end? Curious if the larger mag release on the Tac will be an issue with the standard 509 holster mold. Definitely going to have to call.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 12:37:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a holster for a FNS 9L from these guys, super nice quality. It appears they make their pancake OWB for the 509 and it has a RMR cut already...and there is the option of choosing threaded barrel...

C&G Holsters

G-Code..ish. Lots of options, I didn't go through them...

ANR Design

This appears it would also work...

Galco M5X

Google fn 509 kydex holster and look around a bit.
View Quote
Thanks for the links. I agree with the above, those ANR’s look really nice.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a holster for my 509T from black rhino concealment. EXCELLENT product. Cannot recommend them any higher.  Took about a week to make and arrive for me.  It is light compatible as well.
Lots of options here. For the 509 Tac just make sure you select fn 509/suppressor sights/threaded barrel options.
They also include the parts to convert this from IWB to OWB. VERY NICE! Belt clips are excellent. Hold on very well to belt.
Without light
https://blackrhinoconcealment.com/tcs/tcs-tactical-carry-system-fn-holster
With Light
https://blackrhinoconcealment.com/tactical-kydex-holsters-for-lighted-pistols/tcsl-tactical-carry-system-fn-holster
10% discount code: WLSMOFO

mine has the Triji RMR cutout and streamlight tlr-1 hl light.
Makes EDC'ing this thing easy and surprisingly comfortable.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
KTMech / thread

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top