Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2022 12:00:31 AM EDT
How does the Franklin Armory trigger perform in the HK's?  I've seen videos online and it looks like many people can't run them well or perhaps it's the trigger design itself.

Taken my new AP5-P out twice now and the existing trigger isn't bad at all. Not great, but not terrible. Little heavy with take up but not gritty. I find myself not even noticing the trigger when shooting.

I have a FA binary in my Scorpion and it can be clunky at times but still fun.

Obviously these are range toys for me not PDW's.  ETA: I reload so burning through ammo isn't a concern.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one in my AP5-k and it runs great for me. I have a ton of shooting fast triggers from paintball for 30 years and find it trivial to ride the break and dump rounds in short or long bursts. A little practice and I think anyone could.

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a binary in my PTR 9 and absolutely love it.  The standard semi auto is superior to the factory, and the binary is fun.  Never had a single malfunction in untold hundreds of rounds.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 12:44:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I wore one out after 10k rounds and years past the warranty. Franklin hooked it up and rebuilt it free of charge. Super fun and would recommend.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:48:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't regret spending the money on my SP5. It took me a bit to run it hard and fast but, I love it. Hope you reload
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got one in my AP5 & one in my AP5-P.  Haven't over run them yet.  They seem to work great in these platforms.

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like a good Christmas present for me.

Dumb question. Does it work okay with OEM grip from MKE?
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried mine for the first time yesterday, briefly.

Wasn't nearly as rapid as I had anticipated.

Might just need practice.

ETA>  MKE, but with POF grip
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:08:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried mine for the first time yesterday, briefly.

Wasn't nearly as rapid as I had anticipated.

Might just need practice.

ETA>  MKE, but with POF grip
View Quote

Gunny, can you re-post your reply?  Never saw it as I was transfixed by you Avitar.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 5:57:51 AM EDT
[#9]
The lovely Miss Mina Miyou of Twice

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I recently installed one in my SD but haven't run it yet. I did put one in a .22 AR that is very fun though I can easily outrun it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#11]
From what i have seen, it's all about finding a rhythm that works.

If you can do that, i doubt you will have an issue.

I also heard that these things run really well in the MP5 platform because of how fast they cycle.

I assume them also having that powdered tungsten in the carriers to prevent bolt bounce would help as well.

I haven't yet run a binary, however i don't have an issue getting near FA rates with just my finger.

I just run it as fast as my mouth

I found with the mp5, doing a 3 round finger burst is smooth and easy to hold on target.

So I'm assuming that I'll need to start slow and speed up until i find a "happy place".

I will say, even if i hate it.
The binary trigger for the mp5 has a wonderful break.
It's pretty much just an AR trigger with an mp5 looking hammer and trigger profile.

Super easy to work with compared to the stock trigger!

That alone makes it worthwhile IMO.

And it seemed to work great with the mke grip, the molding in the lower actually fit it and held it in place nice and solid.

The usa made pitogram lower i used took some work!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top