Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2021 10:28:49 PM EDT
Beginning to come to realization that, at least for me, a high performance single or double stage (I prefer double) is a lot more fun to shoot than a binary trigger.  I have three binaries installed and a fourth unopened in package.  

Scorpion EVO3 - Franklin binary. Mushy and clunky in semi auto.  Moderately fun in binary
AR-15 in .556 - Fostech - 16" barrel. Lots of fun at first. Don't shoot it much any more.  Decent trigger in semi auto.
10/22 Charger - Franklin- Fun to do 25 round mag dumps but gun hates BX-25 mags. Only runs well on one off brand mag

Meanwhile, I just assembled a 5.5" barrel AR-V from builders kit and installed spare Gissele SSA in it. Son and I enjoyed shooting it the other day WAY more than the guns with binary triggers.  

Ammo isn't the issue as I reload and have plenty of ammo and components. I guess the novelty just wore off pretty quick, at least for me and my teenager.  He'd much rather shoot suppressed AK pistol in 7.62X39.

Decided to move away from binary triggers and buy more suppressors. We enjoy shooting semi auto suppressed way more, particularly with PCC's and rifle caliber braced pistols.  Just ordered HB Industries spring and trigger kit for Scorpion so I can remove binary trigger after only shooting it once at range.  

Am I the only one who is feeling "Meh" about binary triggers?
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to put a RTB or CMMG 22lr upper on one of those binary lowers. Lots of fun.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
You should try a Geissele SSF in something with an auto sear.
It's amazing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:14:12 AM EDT
[#3]
As far as 10/22 mags..

Look at the size difference where it locks into the receiver.

On a 10 round rotary Ruger mag vs. a BX25.
The back and forth play on the BX25, is like 3/32 of an inch .
The BX15's are even worse.

That could be a contributing factor on your 10/22.

Buttler Creeks are a little better fit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As far as 10/22 mags..

Look at the size difference where it locks into the receiver.

On a 10 round rotary Ruger mag vs. a BX25.
The back and forth play on the BX25, is like 3/32 of an inch .
The BX15's are even worse.

That could be a contributing factor on your 10/22.

Buttler Creeks are a little better fit.
View Quote

I think that's exactly what it is. I have a few Butler Creeks that never fail to run smoothly
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:30:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I put one in my Scorpion and tried it for a while. I didnt care for it. Just seemed like an ammo waster and I enjoyed shooting it in semi with a good trigger better. Sold it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who is feeling "Meh" about binary triggers?
View Quote

They're fun but over-rated in most guns.  For working guns, I just prefer a good Timney or Gissele trigger.  About the only practical use is in my RPK and I can create the old-school "cone of fire"

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking about getting one for my SP5.  Not sure its worth $700.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was thinking about getting one for my SP5.  Not sure its worth $700.
View Quote

IMHO, it isn't worth half that. If their triggers were at least decent in semi auto, MAYBE, they would be worth $25-$300. As it is, they are a poor performing gadget.

I'll be removing mine and selling them in favor of more Gissele triggers at half the cost.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

IMHO, it isn't worth half that. If their triggers were at least decent in semi auto, MAYBE, they would be worth $25-$300. As it is, they are a poor performing gadget.

I'll be removing mine and selling them in favor of more Gissele triggers at half the cost.
View Quote

I run SSA, SSA-E & KAC trigger in all of my rigs other than the two Fostech triggers in a PCC & PDW. If you want a semi pull that feels damn near as good as a G trigger & a binary pull that is massively better than stock, upgrade your Fostech w/ Trigger Depot's "Tactical" spring. It makes one helluva difference. I would avoid their even lighter 3-gun spring as it's too light for my taste.

https://triggerdepot.com/product/echo-spring-tactical/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top