Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2018 8:14:53 PM EDT
I subscribe to the Active Self Protection channel and suddenly... Bill Alexander... at HK! ??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfAsPaFzDR0
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I like ASP, as well, but news of BA move is almost a year old.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
He's been there for a while now.  His relationship with HK dates back to his days with UK MoD servicing HK weapons in military inventory over there.

Great video discussing 12 different test protocols that they subject weapons to including NATO, various US DoD, SAAMI, NIJ, mud, abrasion, temperature, sand, dust, drop testing, etc.

Spring testing, durability, ice, ergonomics.  Comparing your designs with competitors in your testing protocols to see repeatability, like AKs.

In response to AK reliability, he said,

"Never meet your heroes."
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive relapsed on my HK addiction, hard.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
{ This is a Technical Forum please read the rules - F }

My mistake.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:36:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Does that mean we'll have HK rifles in 6.5 grendel soon?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 3:16:45 AM EDT
[#6]
So does he not work/own Alexander arms any more?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So does he not work/own Alexander arms any more?
View Quote
He hasn't owned Alexander Arms for well over a decade.

I guess HK made him an offer he couldn't refuse, and had a place for him doing what he loves to do most.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He's been there for a while now.  His relationship with HK dates back to his days with UK MoD servicing HK weapons in military inventory over there.

Great video discussing 12 different test protocols that they subject weapons to including NATO, various US DoD, SAAMI, NIJ, mud, abrasion, temperature, sand, dust, drop testing, etc.

Spring testing, durability, ice, ergonomics.  Comparing your designs with competitors in your testing protocols to see repeatability, like AKs.

View Quote
Assuming that continued with, "..or you'll be disappointed."?
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 3:31:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Does that mean we'll have HK rifles in 6.5 grendel soon?
View Quote
Yep, you hust have to insert the cartridge into the magazine backwards
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 5:09:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep, you hust have to insert the cartridge into the magazine backwards
View Quote
Har de har de har har!

Would actually be funny if the photographer was an actual full time employee and not a contractor. But he wasn't and it was done by a photographer contracted by HK who didn't know about guns.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the context of AK reliability when subjected to dust, mud, sand, etc.

Those of us who have run high volume range sessions with AKs for decades in all types of weather and conditions already know what kind of reliability to expect from it, which isn't the fable it has been sold off as in the propaganda.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Those of us who have run high volume range sessions with AKs for decades in all types of weather and conditions already know what kind of reliability to expect from it, which isn't the fable it has been sold off as in the propaganda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's only because you were using cheap copies and not "Real Russian" made to "Russian" spec Kalashnikovs, didn't you know? /s

I'll be curious to see if anything new comes out of HK, they've been needing a swift kick to the butt in some of their designs.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:I'll be curious to see if anything new comes out of HK, they've been needing a swift kick to the butt in some of their designs.
View Quote
Bill wasn't hired, unfortunately, to be a staff designer, but to manage their testing facility. He calls himself the "Dream Crusher" after he gets done with the toys the whiz kids come up with.

If HK's hotshot design engineers are smart, they'll take Bill's advice on more than one point of firearms design.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bill wasn't hired, unfortunately, to be a staff designer, but to manage their testing facility. He calls himself the "Dream Crusher" after he gets done with the toys the whiz kids come up with.

If HK's hotshot design engineers are smart, they'll take Bill's advice on more than one point of firearms design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I'll be curious to see if anything new comes out of HK, they've been needing a swift kick to the butt in some of their designs.

Damn, that kills my hopes and dreams of anything fun coming out of H&K anytime soon. I love their handguns but haven't seen a single rifle that I have genuine interest in yet.

Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:55:31 AM EDT
[#15]
*delete* wrong thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top