Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2022 4:09:28 PM EDT
Tried several methods/grips. But this one works best for me. Add sling swivel and hand strap.

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I like that. What do you have on the front?
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Code_Name_Eric:
I like that. What do you have on the front?
View Quote
Nothing on the front yet. Sounds like a good idea.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Push/Pull.

Pull on your rear grip, push on the front. If you can, lock your front arm's elbow. The general idea is to make it seem as if you are trying to stretch the firearm (pulling in the rear, pushing in the front). That's what I've heard recommended, and what's worked best for me with a super shorty.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NAM:
Push/Pull.

Pull on your rear grip, push on the front. If you can, lock your front arm's elbow. The general idea is to make it seem as if you are trying to stretch the firearm (pulling in the rear, pushing in the front). That's what I've heard recommended, and what's worked best for me with a super shorty.
View Quote
This is the technique I used in the past.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By timkel:
Nothing on the front yet. Sounds like a good idea.
View Quote

Depending upon your barrel length, yes. Had a factory Stakeout back in the day. Later, when I had my 07/02, made up a clone from a beat up '37. Never did get a front strap/stop on it. One has to be quite careful with a slam-fire 12 ga. SSB with a 10" barrel, haha.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Timkel - I like the grip on your AOW - Almost looks like you could get a cheek weld if doing an aimed shot - although probably not comfortable to the face when firing.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
Timkel - I like the grip on your AOW - Almost looks like you could get a cheek weld if doing an aimed shot - although probably not comfortable to the face when firing.
View Quote
I've not tried for a cheek weld. The strap is more about keeping a secure grip position for follow up shots.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Get one of the Blackhawk/Knoxx breacher grips.  Used one on a breaching SBS 870 (and actually shot it a fair bit) and have one on an AOW 870 as well.  Best starting point for an effective AOW shotgun.

Your hand will appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#9]
The only one I have shot is my Safety Harbor which has the front vertical grip so it's much easier to hold onto.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top