Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2020 4:58:53 PM EDT
What I'd like is a Tavor Left-Handed and in 300blk. Does the LH conversion work on the 300blk model? Or do I buy the LH model and see if I can convert to 300blk assuming it can be done?
If neither is possible or appropriate, is there another bullpup in 300blk that is quality? If not, I may just default back to 5.56. I'd rather have a solid platform than be married to the caliber.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Or go Tavor7 and call it good? Saw a video that it can be converted to LH in minutes with no tools
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
You can send it to them for left handed conversion or buy 300 BLK conversion and just select left handed bolt.

https://iwi.us/product/tavor-x95-300-blackout-conversion-kit/
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks but I guess I’m gonna have to pass; that gets crazy expensive. But, I’m intrigued by a bullpup and will continue to research option, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By clubmanager1:
Thanks but I guess I’m gonna have to pass; that gets crazy expensive. But, I’m intrigued by a bullpup and will continue to research option, thanks.
View Quote

I believe they charge right around 200 to convert a RH tavor to LH.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
IWI charges $124 plus $15 return shipping.  You have to pay to ship to them and if you ship it yourself the rifle ships back to you (no FFL required). They weren't doing conversions because they were shut down but they are now open.  I am sending 3 of my SARs in for the conversion and they said it could be 2 to 4 weeks since they are overwhelmed with business now that they are open.  You get your gun returned totally configured for LH with the LH bolt and also the RH bolt and barrel wrench.  They test fire one magazine through the rifle once converted.  I think it's  well worth it and you can convert back and forth LH or RH yourself once you have both bolts.  I've converted so many times that I can do it in my sleep....LOL.  Also converted my 9mm SARs including the bolt and BCG modifications to LH.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By clubmanager1:
Thanks but I guess I’m gonna have to pass; that gets crazy expensive. But, I’m intrigued by a bullpup and will continue to research option, thanks.
View Quote

The link was for complete conversion. I paid $140 shipped for left hand conversion
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:32:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top