Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2021 12:29:50 AM EDT
Wanting to see what you all have to say. I know there are a lot of lasts and red dots out there some costing more then the shotguns themselves. I'm just wanting to hear what you guys feel are the best Rd dots and lasers for under $200?

Next topic I want to talk red dots vs lasers on both pistol brace and regular grip.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Red dot,  no particular recommendation at your price point though
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Really like my Streamlight TLR-8 light with green laser on my Tac 13. The green laser is about $40 higher than the red laser. About $180-$240. Agreed some red dots are expensive!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 for around $130 and they are quite good.  I have two of them, but ended up spending more than your limit on my shotgun sight.  I wanted shake awake with a dot in ring sight and open, so I went with a Holosun 510C ($310).
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Romeo 5's are great
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wanting to see what you all have to say. I know there are a lot of lasts and red dots out there some costing more then the shotguns themselves. I'm just wanting to hear what you guys feel are the best Rd dots and lasers for under $200?

Next topic I want to talk red dots vs lasers on both pistol brace and regular grip.
View Quote

This is a wonderful time for getting a red dot that's cheap, good, and with insanely long battery life. Vortex has one, Holosun has some, Sig makes some, many places have red dots that will last over a year of being constantly on.
Laser - only one I've tried on a shockwave is the Crimson Trace Railmaster, which seemed kinda flimsy and questionable when I first handled it... but after slugs, buck, etc it held zero and kept on going. If you wait around, you'll see a deal on them for around $70-80 now and then on Amazon and elsewhere - I got 2 of them last time there was a sale.
As for red dot vs laser... my shotgun has both just because I had both on hand, and the laser weighs nothing. With the stock extended, red dot is a bit faster. With the stock folded, laser is a bit faster - indoors. Outdoors in bright light, red dots always win, at a longer distance, red dots always win.
If I had to choose one for HD purposes only, laser all the way. As I like my guns to fill multiple roles (including hunting), red dot has more flexibility.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:11:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I put a green Crimson Trace lasersaddle on my shockwave. I thought it worked pretty well within the context. I ditched the laser for an RMR when I SBSd it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wanted shake awake with a dot in ring sight and open, so I went with a Holosun 510C ($310).
View Quote

This is what I did.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is what I did.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wanted shake awake with a dot in ring sight and open, so I went with a Holosun 510C ($310).

This is what I did.

Holosun 503 series is also an excellent choice and is probably more durable due to the tube design. Also it is a lot smaller. If you are putting a brace on your shockwave/tac 14 though heck on it man, go with an open sight for sure.

I was keeping mine close to factory, with a stippled birdshead grip.

I'd still be using it but I ended up moving it to my rifle. I figure it's proved itself though, never lost zero despite all the 12 gauge it endured.

Im tempted to pickup a 507 for the Shockwave, but it might be going on my Glock
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I used this, on the front stock.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 5/24/2021 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Spend another $100 and get the Holoson 507c ... $300

I didn't get one yet, but is what i plan to run on my shockwave.
Open sight is easier to see than the tube designs in my opinion, and fits the smaller size and sometimes awkward positions you may fire the shockware from.

If you want to stay in your price range, just get a Sig Romeo5 $130-ish
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I placed a Romeo 5 on my shockwave.  It has held up to recoil well.  It survived an extremely wet turkey hunt (killed a turkey with the shockwave).  I think they make Romeo 5s with a "wake up" feature now (mine is older and doesn't have this).  Also check to make certain (if you pick a Romeo) that you buy one that comes with both mounts (high/low)....my last one only came with the high mount and doesn't work well on the lever gun I intended to mount it upon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top