Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2021 9:52:37 PM EDT
I have a 7.5” 7.62x39 upper I use on my RR lower. It beats the crap out of springs. I use an AR-10 spring in it but they don’t last long. They get weakened after a few hundred rounds. Is there a stiff spring out there that can take that and last longer than the others?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 5:59:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Over the last few months I've run about 500 rds through my 7.62X39 upper on a DIAS lower using a A5 length buffer tube, Kynshot RB5007 and Tubb spring.

I have not measured the spring OAL but functionally everything feels the same.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:23:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Over the last few months I've run about 500 rds through my 7.62X39 upper on a DIAS lower using a A5 length buffer tube, Kynshot RB5007 and Tubb spring.
View Quote
+1 you can read my thoughts on this here: http://www.c3junkie.com/?page_id=977
I use the .308 Tubb flat spring with my MGI setup using unmodified AK mags/drums.
The rough feed lips of the combloc mags require more force to strip the rounds off.
If using C products mags, the 556 Tubb is fine.
I've also tried using the rifle length Geissele spring which works fine but has a faster cyclic rate.

More info specific to 7.62x39 with various cyclic rate info here: http://www.c3junkie.com/?page_id=185

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#4]
deleted
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tubb
View Quote

That’s what I use in mine
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Any recoil spring of the proper spring rate and pre-load made from Cr-Si or Cr-V alloy steel should provide a much longer life span regardless of cross sectional shape when compared to the more common high carbon and stainless steel springs.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a couple Tubbs springs. I'll see if that solves the issue.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top