Posted: 7/15/2018 2:40:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
That's the best way.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh crap. Manticore is making 40mm products? My wallet is screwed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Make a standalone launcher, pirate gun / blunderbuss style with mlok.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#6]
And an improved beehive round would be nice....
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was going to get the LMT, and then found out DS Arms was selling M203 receivers for a very reasonable price- so I guess we will be the guinea pig on those and report back.

I agree that a good beehive round would be a winner, and I am open to ideas for products people would like to see.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
We need an 18 shot .22LR Beehive/Hornet's Nest with..................................Rifled Barrels!
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought the norm was to insert chambered .22 barrel blanks (which are rifled) into an aluminum body. Is this not the case?
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I thought the norm was to insert chambered .22 barrel blanks (which are rifled) into an aluminum body. Is this not the case?
View Quote
For the 10 rd. .22LR Hornet's Nest, that seems to be the case more so than not. As for the 18 rd. .22LR Beehive examples out there, they've generally been smooth bores. I've yet to see an 18 rd. with rifling, but am hoping someone can prove me wrong......and or otherwise, point me in the right direction!
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep. What he said. With modern technology and metals, i think itll be easier to squeeze more barrels in without compromising strength. Im really glad for the flood of m203s. That and the new generation of vets should hopefully encourage new m203 products.
Really need some cheap chalk rounds though.

Quoted:

For the 10 rd. .22LR Hornet's Nest, that seems to be the case more so than not. As for the 18 rd. .22LR Beehive examples out there, they've generally been smooth bores. I've yet to see an 18 rd. with rifling, but am hoping someone can prove me wrong......and or otherwise, point me in the right direction!
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was going to get the LMT, and then found out DS Arms was selling M203 receivers for a very reasonable price- so I guess we will be the guinea pig on those and report back.

I agree that a good beehive round would be a winner, and I am open to ideas for products people would like to see.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Right there with you, placed my order today.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I dont like the barrel mounted variants so bought an LMT from Texas Mg(IN my opinion the LMT is much better quality than to 2 colt M203 I was issued) But damn.....thats a good price. ANd Ill chime in and ask for a beehive adapter to made as well. ;)
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#14]
someone please start making some 37mm barrels, so we can have something on our receivers to play with, while we wait for our form 1's to come back.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I will say LMT sucks to deal with in regards to being a dealer. They where part of a nationwide buy group at my last company and service was poor. Product is great but as a company the suck. Roll pins on my 40mm receiver looked like the tooling broke. Receiver was scratched at every pin.They admitted such and I sent it back. All the did is use sharpie it looks like to darken it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#16]
DSA M203 arrived today and everything looks good.

Now start making those beehive rounds!
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
DSA M203 arrived today and everything looks good.

Now start making those beehive rounds!
View Quote
Looking forward to hearing about the DS Arms models....and the LMT!

M203 days are upon us?

Now where are the cheap training rounds?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

M203 days are upon us?
View Quote
I certainly hope so.  Mine should be here Wednesday.

The only barrels I've found are from LMT.  Guess I don't really need to worry about that part till the form 1 goes through.

For the training rounds it looks like an option is to get components from here and reload:

https://www.cdvs.us/product-category/large-bore/40mm/

Does the ATF still regard chalk rounds as DDs or did that get cleared up?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#19]
They never did regard them as DD. They just went after a few peoples' because they were stolen government property. The ones who had them didn't know that when they had purchased them, and AFAIK, everyone forfeited them voluntarily when asked by BATFE.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They never did regard them as DD. They just went after a few peoples' because they were stolen government property. The ones who had them didn't know that when they had purchased them, and AFAIK, everyone forfeited them voluntarily when asked by BATFE.
View Quote
But I read on the internets a letter about IR flares and the same article about it said that the guy said that the agent said...so it must be true

Anyway, good to know it's sorted out.  Would be great if the articles about it were clarified.  I don't think any that I read mentioned stolen property being the reason they were taken.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I’d like to see a rifled 12-20 ga insert for slugs.

If we wanna get wierd make a threaded barrel or insert for a salvo suppressed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But I read on the internets a letter about IR flares and the same article about it said that the guy said that the agent said...so it must be true

Anyway, good to know it's sorted out.  Would be great if the articles about it were clarified.  I don't think any that I read mentioned stolen property being the reason they were taken.
View Quote
They were not stolen. They were sold by mistake. The company who makes them signed an agreement with the .gov to only supply them to certain entities. The sale violated that agreement. The .gov came to get them. They should not have been sold in the first place, but they were, and our money was refunded by the third party who sold them. The only person who got in any sort of trouble was the guy from the company who sold them in the first place, and only trouble with his boss, not the .gov.

There is an opinion letter out there that covers the IR paraflares that deals with the weight of the chemicals and type of chemicals in them, which states that it is the ATF's "opinion" that these flares would need proper storage for explosives... but we already know about the explosives storage regs, this is nothing new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top