Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2018 9:22:27 AM EDT
Thinking about selling some of my C&R collection but not sure the best place to do it? I have a Mosin Nagant 91/30, 1916 Spanish Mauser, Polish P64, and a Davenport single barrel shot shotgun project gun. All but the Mosin were acquired with my license. Do I just list locally and say C&R licensees only?
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The EE C & R area on this site is very active.
Not sure what Florida's status is right now with FTF sales; you needed a C & R to buy from a dealer, you don't need to sell to a C & R.  (WA requires transfers through FFL on everything except to family).
I have a nice LGS who does 10% commission sales, that has worked out at times, maybe you have something local. Does your LGS have a bulletin board?
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The EE C & R area on this site is very active.
Not sure what Florida's status is right now with FTF sales; you needed a C & R to buy from a dealer, you don't need to sell to a C & R.  (WA requires transfers through FFL on everything except to family).
I have a nice LGS who does 10% commission sales, that has worked out at times, maybe you have something local. Does your LGS have a bulletin board?
View Quote
Gunboards is nice as well
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#3]
probably get hate for it but I have had really good luck selling the very few things Ive sold on gun broker.

I dont think the fees were unreasonable, especially considering I got more than I was ever offered on any board after trying that for a few months.Big audience
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
probably get hate for it but I have had really good luck selling the very few things Ive sold on gun broker.

I dont think the fees were unreasonable, especially considering I got more than I was ever offered on any board after trying that for a few months.Big audience
View Quote
Yeah, truthfully to realize full value plus, this is the best way....

ETA Again, just being honest, but none of those sound like they'd really be big buck collectibles...unless the Mosin Nagant is something special/unusual...
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

ETA Again, just being honest, but none of those sound like they'd really be big buck collectibles...unless the Mosin Nagant is something special/unusual...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, they're not, probably worth about $200 each except for the shotgun ($25). Which is part of the problem. If they were high dollar items that would be one thing, but being so cheap I'm looking for the easiest way to offload them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, they're not, probably worth about $200 each except for the shotgun ($25). Which is part of the problem. If they were high dollar items that would be one thing, but being so cheap I'm looking for the easiest way to offload them.
View Quote
Then the EE here, or the Forum Trader on Gun Boards might work well for you....just pick a price, maybe a little on the high side, and list them, you can always drop the price a little at a time if there isn't interest at the original price, kind of like a reverse auction...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top