Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2021 5:25:49 PM EDT
Okay folks, I was real close to pulling the trigger on an Aurora but I watched a real comparison on YT and I decided NV was my best bet. I’m stuck on Gen 2 because it’s usable and it’s what my budget ($2,200 max)allows. Plus I have a Gen 2 + clip on and I know what to expect. Where is a good place to buy one of these? Any feedback on the AMG wolf14?  I know it’s not a pvs14 housing but that doesn’t matter to me. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]
if you could manage a little more and get a pvs14 , if you ever wanted to upgrade or sell it then it would sell quicker and better than most other things , if you want gen2 the echo tues are really quite good
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I see many places where I can get a Gen 2 pvs 14 for around 2k but I don’t know anything about the tubes, I imagine they’re Russian with blemishes. I’m spoiled by my photo is Gen 2+ clip on, I kinda want that performance.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can find another 400 you can get a good Gen 3.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I know but my budget is 2,200 and Gen 2+ works for me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless you get a Photonis gen2+ your low light capability is going to really suffer when there is very little star/moon/city light pollution. In extreme low ambient light most TF or Filmless modern Gen3 high spec tubes perform better than the Photonis Gen 2+ tubes. Although @Lowdown3 has some great pics comparisons  of the Photonis Gen 2+ tubes he sells vs TF or Filmless tube.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#7]
AMG wolf14?  I know it’s not a pvs14 housing but that doesn’t matter to me.
View Quote

The housing may not bother you but the shit glass will.

AGM

AMG
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Used Gen 3+ autogated PVS-7 off EE.

That what I did and you get full Gen 3+ capabilities.

Not as sexy as a PVS 14, but will do the job.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you can squeeze just a few more $$, please register for our vSHOTT, NightGoggles will have something that will be just a few hundred more with a full 10 year tube and lifetime system warranty

Units will also come with a 10 year tube and lifetime system warranty along with a no questions asked 14 day return policy and no restocking fee.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I know but my budget is 2,200 and Gen 2+ works for me.

If you can squeeze just a few more $$, please register for our vSHOTT, NightGoggles will have something that will be just a few hundred more with a full 10 year tube and lifetime system warranty

Units will also come with a 10 year tube and lifetime system warranty along with a no questions asked 14 day return policy and no restocking fee.

Done, I’m still looking around so I’ll wait for the announcement. Thanks...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:02:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Wouldn't go near AGM if at all possible.  Also some very good deals out there on autogated Echo plus tubes in WP - checkout what JRH has to offer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I sent you an IM, I have a gen 3 monocular that I am selling g for less than that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top