Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2020 9:40:39 AM EDT
Howdy! Today I venture into the tech forums for some much needed wisdom!

I have a handful of 80% and 100% lowers that are in the raw; no anodizing. Before I go buy 10 gallons of battery acid and try to anodize them myself, what would y'all recommend? I'm not worried about matching uppers or a couple scratches here or there; just want something tough enough to handle normal use.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Norrell's Moly Resin is the only thing I've used, I can't comment on "best".

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve used both alumahide and molyresin and both work great.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I anodize mine myself. Did a pair just 2 days ago in fact.

I’ve been anodizing since 2012 because I wanted to “do it right” but to be honest with you, if I had it to do all over again I’d probably invest in a Cerakote setup. It would be easier, faster, could be used for more projects, way more versatile (colors, patterns) and the equipment would take up a lot less space.

But that said, it’s very satisfying to have the durability of good anodizing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top