Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2021 4:51:30 PM EDT
Looking at shipping a 3800lb diebold safe. I can get it super cheap and loading it won’t be the issue but I’d need it at least unloaded into the driveway. I’d appreciate feedback from someone that has had specific experience shipping a safe via a freight service.

ETA: total distance of 1100 miles, Oregon to Wyoming.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest as I may be moving about 300miles, and will need my AMSEC TL moved.

Unsure if moving it would be worthwhile, or if I should sell and buy a new one.

OP, how far are you needing it moved?
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
IMHO, look into industrial equipment movers (lathes, milling machines, etc). If they can't drop it in the driveway then check with a local joint with a rollback, they can go get it at the terminal and slide it off into the driveway.

Obviously the coordination is a bit more involved than I make it sound, but it's a method used frequently in the machining & fabrication world for guys that can't unload equipment themselves.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Found a few places to get freight quotes online. Luckily it turned out to only be 2800lbs. The old man wants to make a trip out and is gonna bring it on his one ton flatbed. Going to rent a forklift for a couple hours and in the house it goes.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tag for interest as I may be moving about 300miles, and will need my AMSEC TL moved.

Unsure if moving it would be worthwhile, or if I should sell and buy a new one.

OP, how far are you needing it moved?
View Quote

I bought a safe from Ronnie and had him deliver it, he does good work and I have nothing but good things to say about him. If you want it done right in the Texas area he has the equipment and knowledge. https://safemoversdfw.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top