Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2021 11:51:17 AM EDT
I’m a DIY guy, but my brother finally got his SBR stamp back and wants a factory-assembled AR-15 300BLK upper. It will be suppressed nearly 100% of the time (Wolfman for now).

I was thinking something in the 6 to 8.3” range for barrel length. It’d be good if the twist rate made subs accurate as well as supers. What are his options?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The options are who has what in stock.
DSG Arms gtg
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
PSA
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Honestly, there are not any good 8.3" option in stock.  I know this does not directly answer the question you asked, but the best way (and super simple) is to get one of the Hansen 8.3" barrels from RightToBear.com or DSGarms.com and build it.  It is hard to beat that starting out.  

PSA currently has SBR ones for $279.  They are a quick upper, but they are phosphate, not chrome-lined or nitride.  Still a good deal though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: the best way (and super simple) is to get one of the Hansen 8.3" barrels from RightToBear.com or DSGarms.com and build it.
View Quote

Personally I will probably never buy another Ballistic Advantage barrel.  The two that I have don't shoot for shit.  It's not worth my time to chase them down (again) over their "MOA Guarantee."
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Personally I will probably never buy another Ballistic Advantage barrel.  The two that I have don't shoot for shit.  It's not worth my time to chase them down (again) over their "MOA Guarantee."
View Quote

What are you using instead?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a Bison Armory 300 BLK last year that I love.  Great guys to work with too.

https://bisonarmory.com/sbr-pistol-2/
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#7]
might be a little big for your needs but LWRC makes a 10.5 that is hard to beat for the money coming with their charging handle and bcg.

BCM makes a 9 inch

pretty sure you can get a Radian as well around 9 inch

for the money Midwest Industries makes some good ones, I had an 8 inch from them ( wanted a bigger rail personally )
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm very happy with the DSG uppers I bought.  Think they were Seekins(?) parts but DSG branded.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#9]
A SIG MCX Virtus conversion kit.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd keep an eye out on the EE. Some good deals to be had new and used.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 2:18:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Talk to Jason at Andro Arms. They build great stuff
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Just have to place a comment for the piston crowd, I love my PWS 12" 300BLK

They also make the 109 which is closer to what you want. Not sure if they make the Mod1 7" in a 300BLK

Mine is suppressed almost 100% of the time. The lack of gas in the face is nice. But a couple mag dumps and it looks like the whole thing is smoking, haha.

Let us know what you find. 300BLK suppressed is quite fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top