Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2018 3:26:18 AM EDT
Whats the best buffer weight to use in a FA suppressed 9mm?  Its a standard carbine tube.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:35:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm using the hydraulic 9mm Blitzkrieg/Kynshot buffer.

I'm running mine in full auto in a 9mm CMMG Guard setup.  Running suppressed and un-suppressed.
The Guard is a 'radially' delayed blowback and uses a bolt / carrier arrangement like 556.

The buffer I'm using is designed for straight blowback in a carbine tube which is probably what you are running.

However, I realized this buffer is the same length as an A5 and now run this with other uppers, 9mm, 556, 5.45, etc..
This link goes over several different buffers I tested: 9mm Guard testing
I don't know what your goal is in terms of 'best'.  I want smooth but also want slow enough to pull singles.

Link Posted: 9/23/2018 5:07:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not so concerned about slowing it down a ton. It's just a blasting toy, with reliability and smoothness being my primary concern.  How do you like the guard system? Wonder if it would work with a qc10 glock lower setup?
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not so concerned about slowing it down a ton. It's just a blasting toy, with reliability and smoothness being my primary concern.  How do you like the guard system? Wonder if it would work with a qc10 glock lower setup?
View Quote
I really like the Guard system.. So much so that it has squashed my desire to get a transferrable MP5.  
I absolutely cannot stand a straight blowback Colt 9mm setup...Ran them for years trying to smooth them out for SMG competitions.
Don't know about the QC10 Glock lowers but a buddy of mine is running a cheap PSA Glock lower with the Guard with no mods other than removing the ejector since the Guard uses the ejector in the bolt like 556
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been running an Enidine hydraulic buffer for years in my Oly 9mm upper. It smoothes things out and slows the ROF a bit, not MP5 smooth but a big improvement over a regular buffer.

Just ordered a Kynshot to use in a semi build.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:34:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I used an AAC Rate Reducing Buffer in my Reg. FA AR9.
Still a little jumpy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used an AAC Rate Reducing Buffer in my Reg. FA AR9.
Still a little jumpy.
View Quote
I came to the same conclusion.  I was able to get a slow RoF with the AAC buffer back in the day with a regular blow back setup but it was too bouncy.

Fast forward to today with the Guard system... I tried the old AAC buffer with that and while slow it was too bouncy.  Wouldn't lock the bolt back after the last round either.

I posted my buffer testing with the Guard here: http://c3junkie.com/?page_id=538

Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top