Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2018 1:21:51 PM EDT
Owned a Geissele and was not impressed for the $$. I sold it as I was thinking I was going to sell/trade my Tavor. Now I am thinking of keeping the Tavor and converting it to 9mm so I might be back in the market for an improved trigger pack.

Options? Whats best? Are any of them worth the money?
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I got an X95 trigger pack on sale from IWI for my SAR for like $160 a few years back.  Seemed to me to be the best value for the money.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I think adding the lightning bow to the stock is all that's needed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not tried the others, but I've had no issues with the TAV-D in the years I've owned my Tavor. The X-95 stock trigger isn't too shabby either and definitely better than the old Tavor trigger pack.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Geissele with the bow and it's as good as any AR trigger I've used.  I've installed about 4 for friends that with the same result.  You may have received the rare lemon.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Love my two Shooting Sight LE Tav-D hammer packs (the first and original Tavor aftermarket hammer pack) in my SAR Tavors. The LE works great with Lightning Bows, from reports on the uberwebz that combo is a little light with standards Tav-D hammer packs. Had a X95 and even though it is better than the original SAR pack it doesn't stand up against the Tav-D.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the stock trigger.  I tend to like heavier triggers as a whole though. It reminds me of a glock trigger, where it builds to the wall a break and then the reset. That is all I need though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I’ve got a Geissele Super Sabra in my SAR and like it fine.   The Super Sabra reminds me of my RRA NM in my AR-15’s.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]
TAV-D here, it’s the 3rd trigger I’ve bought from Shootingsight for different rifles (SCAR & ARX are the others) and I’ve been impressed by every one.

If only he made a trigger for the FS2000...

AJ
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the Timney Tavor Trigger Gen 2 and it is awesome.   Less expensive than Geissele and lifetime warranty as well.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#10]
The Geissele trigger pack was just a ho-hum upgrade until I put the lightning bow in.  Now the pull is probably too light.  But I don't wanna take it all back apart.  I couldn't be more satisfied.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Shooting Sight pack here and I love it. I converted an unfired Tavor to 9mm and the trigger seems fine like it is. Does this sound strange to anyone who has lots of time with theirs? I've had two range visits with mine so we're a noob couple!
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shooting Sight pack here and I love it. I converted an unfired Tavor to 9mm and the trigger seems fine like it is. Does this sound strange to anyone who has lots of time with theirs? I've had two range visits with mine so we're a noob couple!
View Quote
Maybe you got lucky and got a real nice factory one. Same sort of vein I had 2 ptr91s. One had a typical 91 type trigger you hear about aka heavy mediocre. Luck of the draw my 2nd one has a very nice trigger it’s the one I kept.

I have shooting sight in both my idf model and x95. The x95 also has a lightning bow. With the idf SAR I liked the pull with just the pack enough no bow is in its future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top