Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2018 2:26:52 AM EDT
Looking into replacing the OEM pws Brake with a SF 7.62 brake or Precision Armament M4-72...any other best options out there as to best recoil reduction etc?

I have the Precision Armament on my other SCAR and like it but have not had any other samples to compare it to.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I would hold onto the oem in the event you need to send the SCAR into FN. As far as replacement brake cannot say.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Just curious, what don't you like about the OEM PWS brake?  I think they're pretty effective and not obnoxiously loud.  I've bought a few take-offs over the years to use on other builds.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
BCMGUNFIGHTER Compensator

no problem mounting the device, no special adapters, and can be timed with the OEM jam nut. just install new washer.

changing the gas port also mitigates some of the recoil
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just curious, what don't you like about the OEM PWS brake?  I think they're pretty effective and not obnoxiously loud.  I've bought a few take-offs over the years to use on other builds.
View Quote
Awesome avatar cb4017’ - I like to experiment just to see if there are other aftermarket options more superior to the PWS that’s just it.

The Precision Armament I do have on the other 17 mitigates recoil substantially but does have quite a concussion blast / nuisance to bystanders. It had the highest recoil reduction among muzzle brakes in testing done by someone a few years back. Hoping to see if there’s something newer on the market that tops it.

Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a SCAR 16S for many years. After the very first range trip, I had the factory muzzle brake changed out to a Yankee Hill flash hider. It was so loud that I had muffs and plugs in my ears together - and the concussion force/noise coming off the aluminum rood of the outdoor shooting bay STILL gave me a headache. So, I sympathize
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#6]
You could try the Dead Air brake. No experience with it, but it has forward facing ports that are supposed to disperse the blast coming off the baffles.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could try the Dead Air brake. No experience with it, but it has forward facing ports that are supposed to disperse the blast coming off the baffles.
View Quote
Thanks I’ve heard the same, appreciate everyone’s feedback
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Whichever mounts your suppressor. I’d get a Keymount brake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top