Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2018 9:23:10 AM EDT
Finally got to put rounds through my 9inch mcx with Sig762TiQD and man this thing is freaking quiet! Anyway need an optic now and kinda like the idea of keeping it all sig. looking at either Romeo 4h or Romeo 3 or maybe a Bravo 4 or go nuts with echo 1. What’s everybody running? How is the sig QD mount on the redots?
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I've heard in these parts are the Sig optics aren't that great. I usually go with a Trijicon MRO or Aimpoint Pro on my guns but if I want good quality on a budget I would go with the Primary Arms 50k battery life red dot. Heard lots of good feedback from this 1. I plan to get 1 for my next rifle/pistol I get.

Primary Arms Red Dot
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I've heard in these parts are the Sig optics aren't that great. I usually go with a Trijicon MRO or Aimpoint Pro on my guns but if I want good quality on a budget I would go with the Primary Arms 50k battery life red dot. Heard lots of good feedback from this 1. I plan to get 1 for my next rifle/pistol I get.

Primary Arms Red Dot
View Quote
I don’t think it’s that sig optics suck, it’s that many are comparing apples to oranges. They’re like Vortex, they make everything from cheap shit I would only trust on a rimfire to legitimately duty-grade gear. Sig has a plethora of optics approved or currently in use with various LE and MIL organizations.

To address OP, there isn’t a best optic for the MCX, it depends on what you want. The Romeo 4M would be my pick if it needed to be tough and you want a red dot. If not, pick whatever looks coolest. If you want more range look at the Tango 6’s or Bravo 4 if going all out, or the Tango 4’s if trying to save some money.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Budget isn’t really a concern. I used to lump Sig optics in with cheapo redots but some of their stuff is looking better. Kinda want something with ability to range 300blk super and subs. I have some aimpoints, acogs and Eotechs. Looking for something different but wanted some real world reviews. Bravo 4 is cool but it looks really big.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Sig awarded SDM optic contract Click link for article
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The best option would be an EOTech VUDU. IMO it is the finest DMR optic made.

VUDU
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Personally, I mounted a VORTEX SPARC AR on my MCX and my 516. I like it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up going with a Romeo 4H and Juliet 4x magnifier combo I got on EE bnib for a good deal. Gives me some holdovers and magnification. I might pickup a Echo 1 later as a budget thermal to try at some point. I posted on NV forum if anybody tried them for 200yards and in critter control but got crickets over there.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ended up going with a Romeo 4H and Juliet 4x magnifier combo I got on EE bnib for a good deal. Gives me some holdovers and magnification. I might pickup a Echo 1 later as a budget thermal to try at some point. I posted on NV forum if anybody tried them for 200yards and in critter control but got crickets over there.
View Quote
ECHO1 is a great thermal in the price range.  I've used it out past 200yds, but that's getting to the edge of it's usefulness - primarily because of the lack of magnification (only 1x and 2x mag).  You can easily distinguish between deer/hog/dog at 200yds, though.

Any other specific questions, just let me know.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:50:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I do have one question. What’s the difference between the echo 1 models? Is it just the top mount and USB cable? What is the cable for?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I do have one question. What’s the difference between the echo 1 models? Is it just the top mount and USB cable? What is the cable for?
View Quote
@AKDoc

Correct on the differences - you can use the cable to connect to your computer to dump photos, upload reticles, etc.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#11]
3.5x ACOG.  This was one of the low priced Amazon ones (I paid $600 or $700.  Good deal, not a screaming deal.)  It has the M249 reticle, red horseshoe dot.

I actually just took off the ADM mount last week and put on one of the $40 GDI mounts.  If I have to go light and fast and take one rifle, this is it.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top