Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2020 4:31:18 PM EDT
https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles/bxr/

Anybody have one, or experience with one of these?

Good? Bad?

Thoughts?

I handled one at my LGS, the CF wrapped bbl version... geez it was so light!

Price wasn't too bad... Seeing as I'd probably have more into a 10/22 and swapping out parts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I just handled one at SHOT this afternoon.  I was really surprised how light it is!

After talking to the Bergara Rep, it seems like they have a very nice rifle.  Nice fit & finish, great bolt handle.  Nice trigger.

It seems like a lot of gun for the sub $550 street prices I've been seeing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just handled one at SHOT this afternoon.  I was really surprised how light it is!

After talking to the Bergara Rep, it seems like they have a very nice rifle.  Nice fit & finish, great bolt handle.  Nice trigger.

It seems like a lot of gun for the sub $550 street prices I've been seeing.
View Quote
Yeah I'm so used to my heavy ARs, that when I grabbed it off the rack, I almost whipped it

10/22 action "Footprint", 10/22 mag and trigger pack compatibility, and Bergara knows how to make tack driver barrels...

I might have to go back tomorrow and do some paperwork lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it have a rear anchor on the action like Kidd or the Ruger Custom Shop?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:09:33 AM EDT
[#4]
My 2 cents

Local store has a few.  I love the feel of the stock especially for a truck gun.  The carbon fiber model is light and points well.  Trigger was decent.

The bad.

The local ones and reports on line is that you need to use Ruger magazines.  The one in the shop would not drop the Bergara mags out, only the ruger mags.

Accuracy on the CF version is still up for debate. I have only seen one range report on the CF version.  The SS seems fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top