BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Beretta PMXS (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2023 10:42:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos]
Beretta delivers the ultimate Personal Defense Weapon with the PMXs! Originally developed for the Italian Carabinieri law enforcement officers, the PMXs takes much of its design from its predecessor the PM12, and features many of the same design elements from weapons such as the Tec-9 and other “tube-gun” designs. The PMXs utilizes the proven straight blow back semiautomatic operating system, a design known for its simplicity, reliability, and ease of maintenance. The sheer reliability of the PMXs is perfectly matched by its superb ergonomics and user-friendly controls. The grip is directly inspired by Beretta’s APX series of pistols, offering a decent palm swell to comfortably fill the user’s hands, as well as texturing for a greater purchase on the weapon. The safety and magazine release are located on both sides and the charging handle is reversible, making the PMXs 100% ambidextrous. All of the controls are located in intuitive positions to enhance ergonomics and ensure easy operation. Other features of the PMXs include a wide range of customization options. Picatinny rails in the 3, 6, 9, and 12 o’clock positions accommodates the use of optics, tactical lights/lasers, and other accessories, and 1/2x28” threading on the muzzle allows for suppressors and muzzle devices. In addition, the magazine well is flared for faster reloads, and translucent magazine allows the user to immediately tell how many rounds are remaining.

Features of the PMXs:
Reliable Straight Blow Back Operating System
Ergonomic Design
Ambidextrous Controls
3, 6, 9, & 12 O’clock Picatinny Rails
1/2x28” Threaded Barrel
Flared Magazine Well
Translucent Magazines
View Quote

UPC/MPNs -
082442971636/JPMXSBLK30 - Black
082442971650/JPMXSODG30 - OD Green
082442971643/JPMXSFDE30 - FDE
082442971667/JPMXSWG30 - Wolf Gray

Beretta PMXs 9mm 6.8" Threaded Bbl 30rd Pistol
Price around $1500 retail.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:36:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I planned on buying one, but not at $1,500
When I had the Swiss made version I paid less than that.
Gray would be neat if the street price drops down.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#3]
So is this a Form 4 from the get-go?
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 12:53:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wandering_minstrel:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Pistol.

Originally Posted By Brooklynite:

Yeah it's unfortunately pretty expensive for what it is. MP5 pattern PCCs for around that price or less or the new Mean Arms bearing delayed upper also for around that price or the CMMG RDB.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]
A bit late to the game…
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 2:43:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FightingHellfish] [#6]
At least they mostly left out the “Italian styling” that they usually use to limit US sales.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Evintos:

Pistol.

Yeah it's unfortunately pretty expensive for what it is. MP5 pattern PCCs for around that price or less or the new Mean Arms bearing delayed upper also for around that price or the CMMG RDB.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Evintos:

Pistol.

Originally Posted By Brooklynite:

Ahh, so it is just straight up expensive. Gonna have to pass.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:12:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BorderDave] [#8]
Does this firearm have any advantages over a CZ Scorpion that costs about half the price of this?
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:
Does this firearm have any advantages over a CZ Scorpion that costs about half the price of this?
View Quote

Italian styling?  
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I really like the way it looks, but that price is crazy for a blow back gun!  
That’s $2k and change by the time you form 1 it and buy a stock!
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:02:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#11]
There are too many other options out there for me to be interested, especially with the price. The gun overall reminds me of the Claridge Hi-Tec or the Intratec or the Goncz GA pistol from Arnold's Total Recall movie, with the tubular look.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#12]
A lot of plastic for the price.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#13]
As usual… too late & too expensive.

I’ve heard of broken firing pins but have no way to verify that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Lots of hate in this thread for MSRP, makes me think you guys need to shop around more. Or you should compare MSRP to actual sell prices on Beretta's other rifles. I have no plans to buy one either, but it's not because of MSRP.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Frens:
I’ve heard of broken firing pins but have no way to verify that.
View Quote

Please quote your source.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 3:56:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#16]
Will Beretta maintain support for this because it's a pistol? They seem to stand vehind their pistols but abandon their rifle products PDQ.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:

Please quote your source.
View Quote

Range rumors.. was talking about the Mil version issued to our Carabinieri and someone mentioned that they had FP breakage issues..
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Frens:

Range rumors.. was talking about the Mil version issued to our Carabinieri and someone mentioned that they had FP breakage issues..
View Quote

Fair enough.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#19]
My only experience with this is that I own a B&T P26, which is excellent in every way and one of the more fun guns in my collection. The trigger is spectacular and the suppression is great due to the heavy bolt and small ejection port. If BEretta's version is similar, it's one to look at.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like an all plastic Tec-9...

$1500? Straight blowback? Yuck.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Just bring back the sten
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:
I really like the way it looks, but that price is crazy for a blow back gun!  
That’s $2k and change by the time you form 1 it and buy a stock!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:49:03 AM EDT
[#23]
These should cost less than $100 to make, so let's see an MSRP around $700 and street price at $500.

Also, let's go ahead and do Colt SMG mags and a 1913 backplate.  

They need to move manufacturing to a cost competitive country where the workers don't spend months on vacation every year.

GTG.

I've been handling these since they first came out and it was a "Hey, did you know about this?" type item.

They are not that impressive... and without having ever fired one (pure speculation), I have the feeling that the Scorp would just absolutely run circles around this thing.

Beretta needs to get serious or just not even talk about stuff like this.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I dunno, kinda like.  Definitely don't need though, I think it's just because I like things that go bang!
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 2:11:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89] [#25]
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Meh ... 3 years too late as usual from Beretta ...
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Late to market, terrible timing since unable to sell them with a brace, and will a form 1 sbr get denied for domestic parts compliance?  All that and it's badly overpriced plastic to boot.  

I like the looks though.  I don't think they could've screwed up releasing it anymore if they tried.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Did I hear right that these use B&T compatible magazines?  I think I’d rather go with the GHM9 but curious to know if there’ll be another source for B&T mags.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:24:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:
... and will a form 1 sbr get denied for domestic parts compliance?
View Quote

Really? Does one need to prove 922r compliance for Form 1? If so, where and how?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

Really? Does one need to prove 922r compliance for Form 1? If so, where and how?
View Quote

No, there's no compliance needed for a form 1.

Source: I have form 1'd an APC9 and an AK pistol and nothing of the sort was asked for.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:47:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CJofFL] [#31]
I didn't think so, although I now realize he was asking too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Played with one today.  I actually quite like it.  Only 2 things are wrong with it...the price and the right side safety lever would need to be shaved flat as it hits right smack bad in the trigger finger knuckle.  

I can see myself actually buying one, even at the list price.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By vpravada:
Just bring back the sten
View Quote

Already out, its the KT SUB2000.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TheRat:

No, there's no compliance needed for a form 1.

Source: I have form 1'd an APC9 and an AK pistol and nothing of the sort was asked for.
View Quote

Just wait for more autistic men to keep sending letters to ATF and it will become a thing.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:41:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: willi3d] [#35]
Picked one up today at LGS.  As noted previously, it’s expensive, but imported Beretta guns like this aren’t cheap.  How much was the ARX-100 going for when they first came out years ago?  Retail on that was $1800-$1900 nearly 10 years ago.  But, it is what it is.  Has the same ambi safety issue as the CZ Scorpion with the lever digging into the web of the hand when in the “fire” position.  Also disappointed that it didn’t come with the flip up sights, and they choose the QD socket rear cap instead of the picatinny rail rear cap.

Hopefully Beretta will get the picatinny end cap, as well as magazines, in stock soon, because right now there is nothing out there for it.

Was thinking what it would take to SBR is and 922r compliance (for those who care).  By my reckoning, it has only 11 of the 20 parts on the list, so just need one replacement.  The disconnector and trigger look very much like M16 parts, as near as I can see looking at them installed.  If that checks out, that’s two easy parts to replace with US parts and get 922r compliance, and have one left over for a factory stock (if they ever become available).  Guess have some time to chew on it, since right now not even the picatinny rail stock adapter is available in the US (it’s available from the Italian Beretta store, but they only ship to the UK and EU), so there isn’t a good way to attach a stock anyway.

ETA: Looks like the weasels at Beretta removed the molded in stock latch that’s on the right side of the receiver above the mag catch, so if you get the factory folding stock, it won’t stay latched in the folded position.  That area is smooth on the US PMXs.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#36]
@willi3d I noticed the other day that the UK website has the picatinny rear end. What's really needed before I'd pick one up though is the correct stock for it in their aftermarket store. Right now you can't even buy parts or even magazines for it in the US at all.

https://estore.beretta.com/en-gb/product/pmx-stock-cap-w/-picatinny-C5M147

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By hoodfu:
@willi3d I noticed the other day that the UK website has the picatinny rear end. What's really needed before I'd pick one up though is the correct stock for it in their aftermarket store. Right now you can't even buy parts or even magazines for it in the US at all.

https://estore.beretta.com/en-gb/product/pmx-stock-cap-w/-picatinny-C5M147

View Quote

Yeah, I saw the picatinny endcap, as well as the flip up sights, on the European Beretta E-store, but they only ship to the UK and EU.

I did find a U.S. made one here, and ordered it.  When I get it, I’ll have to see how the fit is, and it the material seems robust enough.

https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/products/beretta-pmx-rear-pic-rail

Still hoping that Beretta USA get them in.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#38]
A3 tactical was just asking on their Facebook page if customers would like to see them make adapters and support them aftermarket. You might pop in and give your 2 cents.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By gungrass:
A3 tactical was just asking on their Facebook page if customers would like to see them make adapters and support them aftermarket. You might pop in and give your 2 cents.
View Quote

I’d definitely like to see them do it, since I was looking at their picatinny rail stocks, but I don’t do Facebook.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:17:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#40]
Even in today's crazy market, that's a $999 gun (just a few years ago, it would have been $799).  It's competition is the CZ Scorpion.

A plastic blow-back 9mm pistol with proprietary mags selling for $1500?  Good luck with that (and that's coming from a big time Beretta fan).

It is difficult to see why anyone would choose that over a B&T or HQ MP5 clone -- each of which can be had in that same price neighborhood.  Or even the Stribogs and Scorpions which are many hundreds less. Stretch just a little more and you're in far superior MPX territory.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:36:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 6:31:43 AM EDT
[#42]
It literally just came out a month ago, so initially it will sell close to MSRP. Give it a few months and it will likely be much cheaper. It’s basically always this way with initial supply and demand. Here for $1300 now...

https://shop.spiguns.com/beretta-nib-JPMXSBLK30?sku=JPMXSBLK30
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Sierra5:
What appears to be pot metal overmolded upper and a plastic lower, for that price?  No thanks.

Neat looking gun but not even close in its class and price.  If they dropped substantially I could possibly see getting one but nowhere near for that.
View Quote

Where are you getting “potmetal”?  I have one, and the tubular receiver is certainly not potmetal, zinc, or anything else cheap.  The receiver (under the polymer upper receiver cover) is steel and attracts a magnet.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#44]
In same Beretta fashion ... they don't have any support for it ... no mags ... no stocks ... no end caps ...

Beretta absolutely SUCKS at releasing anything outside of shotguns and handguns ...

This platform will die sadly just like the ARX has ...
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Bumping this thread up for anyone's recent reviews/reports/rumors.

Price is $1200 at Berelli - Hoping it drops a little but more to justify a tax stamp.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Lots of people including myself won’t be interested in one of these unless the factory stock, foregrip, handstop, sights etc. become available.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 4:54:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#47]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
Bumping this thread up for anyone's recent reviews/reports/rumors.

Price is $1200 at Berelli - Hoping it drops a little but more to justify a tax stamp.
View Quote

Even $1000 seems overpriced for literally a very slightly warmed-over Tec-9 that was universally despised, even in its prime, 40 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#48]
That is a crazy price considering that kind of money opens you up to a lot more brands in that range.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 12:16:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jm11513] [#49]
Originally Posted By Kent:

Even $1000 seems overpriced for literally a very slightly warmed-over Tec-9 that was universally despised, even in its prime, 40 years ago.
View Quote

So not a fan of B+T then?
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 2:07:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Jm11513:
So not a fan of B+T then?
View Quote

If that's your way of asking whether I'm in love with everything they've ever produced, then the answer is NO.

I do like their GHM and APC weapons.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Beretta PMXS (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top