Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2023 12:04:14 PM EDT
I was never really a fan of the 92FS but its been growing on me for awhile.  I like all guns suppressed so have been hunting for a threaded barrel for it.

After 5 months, finally had one come in.  This one is a Silencer Co one.  Drop in fit, once the locking block was installed.

Oddly this is not as quiet as my M&P 2.0 or SIG 365XL, both in 9mm, but it balances a lot better.  Most likely due to the weight.  Also, nearly nothing blows back at me.  I like that.

My only pistol can is for 45, which works, but once I get my 9mm can in hand (Odessa) I expect to be much happier.  Especially if I am able to run it without a booster.  

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice. I am sure once your Odessa comes in it will sound better than the 45 can though I am surprised as that Rugged Obsidian 45 sounds pretty good on some of my 9's. I have always liked the 92 going back to when lethal weapon first came out in theaters but l never got my hands on one.
If l were to get one today l would probably look for one with a factory threaded barrel. I really like this M9 centurion.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
My Osprey weighs too much to be reliable without a booster even with the lightest recoil spring.
Shame, it's noticeably quieter without a booster.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Who had a threaded barrel available? I can't find any...
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Allow me to inspire the clone build….USGovt M9 w Gemtech can circa 2001.

18Z50
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Beretta store had them a week or so ago but they go fast.
I think the original barrel is long enough to thread.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve wanted a slide lock M9 for awhile.  

Yes I know the KAC history.  For collection and bragging rights, I’d rather have a matching Knights / Beretta set.  For actual shooting, I’d rather have the Mod.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:04:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Slide Lock Beretta is the best Beretta.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, Gemtech used to do that as a service too (thread the original barrel).  I think Dater said the thread length would be around .330" using the factory barrel which was sufficient.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#10]
My local gun store is the one I ended up purchasing it from.  I was on many "notify me when this item comes in" lists.  After five or so months, all of a sudden I was getting notified.  Silencer Co must have done a run of them and shipped them all out at about the same time.  Everyone had sold out by the time I responded, except my LGS, who physically set it aside with my "special order" paperwork.  That's probably the only reason I managed to get one.

That slide lock Beretta looks great.

I've been hoping for the Hush Puppy M&P to resume.  Super Vel said they were planning on it but I've not heard any updates for some time.

That would be far less expensive than the Beretta too.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just recently (late last week) found a SilencerCo one at Midway.  Should have it tomorrow.

That slide lock setup is so cool.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Beretta store has a threaded barrel for a 92 compact right now, black.
They usually have sales on holidays, last year I spent enough to get 40% off and got a stainless compact threaded barrel cheap.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-accessories/handguns/barrels/beretta-92-compact-3rd-gen-extended-threaded-barrel-9mm-black/
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101689416

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019282065

Silencerco barrels in stock, you'll need a locking block too with the silencerco barrel
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Silencerco barrels in stock, you'll need a locking block too with the silencerco barrel
View Quote

Thanks, ordered!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks, ordered!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, ordered!

That's what I got last week but they didn't have just the locking blocks in stock and I bought the spare parts kit instead.  Way more money than I expected but probably a good idea for a used gun from the mid 90s.  Checked just now and they had 3 locking blocks in stock.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:45:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dang.

I bought mine through Capital Armory.  Cost me about $35 more than Midway.   I checked Midway before I ordered and they didn't have either part in stock.   They must have stocked them the following day.  :(
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I picked up my YHM R9 yesterday.

Just got back from the range today.

First tried it with the supplied 1/2-28 direct thread mount with the factory 13 lb spring.  With some Santa Barbara NATO 9mm surplus ammo it ran 100%, little bit of blow back in the face.   Maxx Tech 124 Gr ran about 80% and Federal 150 Gr Syntec would't chamber another round, but was very quiet.

The started trying lighter recoil springs, went down to 10 LB's and the Maxx Tech was over 90%, the Syntec got a couple of shots off in a row, maybe 10%..

Then I went back to the factory recoil spring and put the booster on the can.  The SB NATO was still 100% but felt like standing in front of a sand blaster.  The Maxx Tech and Syntec were 100%.  No blow back on the Syntec.  I only have a couple hundred rounds of the SB NATO left, and the Beretta is my only 9MM that really likes it. (It's chokes my Glocks and Sigs. also they have light primer strikes, it is great for malfunction training though)  So I'll use the direct thread with that ammo and use the booster with everything else.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I need to get my new SilencerCo barrel to the range to test it out as well.  I'm expecting to use the booster so is there a concern about getting a different recoil spring?

With the Osprey 45 and Obsidian 45
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I got the made in italy inox.  And Beretta USA had the made in italy threaded barrel.  Titanium form1 can.

Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Here’s mine.

AAC direct thread Phantom.  The can is light enough to cycle with subs.  Barrel is a factory Beretta Mil surplus that I had a local machinist friend thread.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#22]
92G with an OEM threaded barrel and an Innovative Arms 9SX.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#23]
92 euro model

Attachment Attached File

Baby beretta

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#24]
What is the advantage of going boosterless? I’ve seen some say it is quieter, but I don’t really see how/why that would be? I’ve watched a number of slow motion videos about how boosters work, and I never seen any gas coming out around the booster area?
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#25]
It’s much quieter.  The Beretta barrel doesnt have to move much to cycle.  With a booster it opens fast and tends to have port pop.

With a booster, I find Glocks to be quieter than Berettas.

The problem is there arent many options under 6 oz or so that will run on a stock Beretta without a booster.  With a reduced recoil spring around 10-11 oz a heavier suppressor will run somewhat reliably.  Not 100% though.  The booster fixes that at the cost of noise.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm looking forwards to running my Odessa, boosterless.

Months of waiting still to go though.....
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It’s much quieter.  The Beretta barrel doesnt have to move much to cycle.  With a booster it opens fast and tends to have port pop.

With a booster, I find Glocks to be quieter than Berettas.

The problem is there arent many options under 6 oz or so that will run on a stock Beretta without a booster.  With a reduced recoil spring around 10-11 oz a heavier suppressor will run somewhat reliably.  Not 100% though.  The booster fixes that at the cost of noise.
View Quote

Thanks for that. I'd been thinking of trying my 9SX without the booster on the 92 and was wondering what the weight ceiling was for that to work. the 9SX is 8.7 ounces I think, so it sounds like a no-go.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Beretta .22 upper on an old 96 frame (+ Dead Air Mask):

Finally decided to join the pistol dot craze with my new M9A4 (+ CGS/Zev Kraken):
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#29]
What’s the actual weight limit to get a 92 to cycle? I thought it was like 7ish oz
@Ecco_machine do you have something short in the 6-7 oz range similar to your Caracal?
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#30]
I have an old aluminum from SRT that is 1.25"x8.75" and 8oz.  My Beretta M9A3 wouldn't cycle my 147gr loads in stock form, but when I put a Wolff reduced power recoil spring in, it cycles 100%.  Same thing with an older 92FS I used to have.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top