Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2018 1:45:05 AM EDT
Hey, recently bought a Benelli M4. I noticed the safety is super tough to engage/disengage. Doesn't feel normal. Any thing I can do to loosen it up?
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. You can remove the spring and clip off about 1.5 coils. This will soften it up to the spot I find perfect. Not too light, but not requiring you to break your firing grip to press it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is what you need:

Taran Tactical extended safety
a drop of oil
hundreds of cycles
a man's hands
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes. You can remove the spring and clip off about 1.5 coils. This will soften it up to the spot I find perfect. Not too light, but not requiring you to break your firing grip to press it.
View Quote
Thanks, removed 2 coils and it's perfect now.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I found mine pretty stiff too when new... but it loosened up over time.. or I got really strong. lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top