Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 52
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:15:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wreckless] [#1]
Yes, a standard Benelli Field stock will fit. I did it with mine. As long as the tube is round and you are GTG. If you have the squared off stock tube you will need to replace it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
So which clone is the best?
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 10:51:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BobaDebt] [#3]
Black Aces has a new M-4 Clone

It has wood furnature and an interesting rail

Black Aces Pro S-4

Benelli Owners might buy it for the furnature
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That’s pretty cool. Should be much easier to cut down the stock length. If you’re into that kind of thing.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By gl22man:
I figured out the collapsible stock!
View Quote

@gl22man - can you share?
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Paulie771:
Looking at getting one of these for shits and giggles.  Is the Charles Daly the go to right now or is there an option I didn't notice going through the last ten pages?
View Quote

I think it's important to remember that these are all being cranked out by a very short list of places in Turkey and simply being re-branded.  The CD does not have a ton of plastic parts and is comparable to all the others.  Here is a recent review of the Four Peaks Coppola T4 from Bud's Gun Shop:

"Very disappointed. Just purchased the Copolla T4 with high expectations but the gun has already failed without even making it through one box of S&B #00 buck (1330fps). The first 5 rounds cycled well then I began to get failures to eject. At this time I noticed the safety no longer would lock into safe or fire position. Fired 3 final rounds with 2 failures to eject then after the final shot bolt is stuck in the Rearward position and will not release. Called Buds and they said warranty work will have to go through the manufacturer but Four Peaks hasn’t been responsive. Their warranty policy says that I will have to pay shipping as well. $600 plus dollars for a non functional shotgun, definitely not the home defense gun that I purchased it for. The actual purchase process from Buds was great as my previous purchases have been. "

My CD has been flawless.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#7]
If you take the time to read this whole thread the SDS TAC 12 is the closest to a real M4
It cost the most got mine for $600.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By goatchoker:
If you take the time to read this whole thread the SDS TAC 12 is the closest to a real M4
It cost the most got mine for $600.
View Quote

If you're talking to me, I have read the whole thread and you'll find my comments throughout back to over a year ago.  I can guarantee you that the SDS TAC 12 is no better or worse than any of the others.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#9]
https://sjhardware.com/product/turknelli-collapsible-butt-stock-m4-clones/

Has anyone seen this or have one yet?

Great price.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#10]

M4 Tactical Adjustable Telescopic Stock, For Benelli M4 Shotguns and Clones, i.e. Panzer M4, Etc. Aftermarket, Made In Turkey

SALE PRICE
$42 50

https://www.classicfirearms.com/m4-tactical-adjustable-telescopic-stock-for-benelli-m4-style-shotguns

Note, only one review and it isn't good but there's another option out there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I think you still have to buy the tube (3,5,6 position).  I was looking at those
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#12]
They explain in the advert that you need the tube with the notches in it or replace the smooth tube that the early guns came with.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By wreckless:
They explain in the advert that you need the tube with the notches in it or replace the smooth tube that the early guns came with.
View Quote

What is the level of effort to replace the tube?
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:

That’s pretty cool. Should be much easier to cut down the stock length. If you’re into that kind of thing.
View Quote

Its the AKSA S4.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Not hard at all. Just need a MAPP Torch to cook off the thread sealer used.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Not hard at all. Just need a MAPP Torch to cook off the thread sealer used.
View Quote

That might be overkill. Think I used a heat gun on mine. Whatever I did I posted in this thread. After it made an audible crack it let go easily.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine had no thread lock on it.Cameoff with just a wrench
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:02:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SouthPaw970] [#18]
In stock at Apex - https://www.apexgunparts.com/benelli-m4-stock-w-pistol-grip-adjustable-cheek-riser-new.html?fbclid=IwAR3gh4jTFahxj95jwyql4U8E366L-oE8Qckd43oQJFTaxWBTjgH4LS-sZtU

I ordered one, not sure if it will fit my tube or not, but for the price, worth the gamble for my SDS TAC12.

Edit: I contacted SDS and they stated this

The buffer tube on the S4 and Tac 13, are not smooth, nor do they interface with OEM Benelli stocks. They are patterned similar to an AR/M4 tube, just a smaller diameter.
View Quote

And this video shows to confirm that statement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOSCRhS2ZFU
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By splogan:
I think you still have to buy the tube (3,5,6 position).  I was looking at those
View Quote

Does anyone here know where I can find one of those recoil tubes for the best price?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#20]
If this has already been asked just link to the answer - is it possible to replace a clone tube with legit tube to add a legit adjustable stock?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By sendit14:
If this has already been asked just link to the answer - is it possible to replace a clone tube with legit tube to add a legit adjustable stock?
View Quote

Yes you can replace the tube on a clone with a benelli recoil tube.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Joescuba:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Joescuba:
Originally Posted By sendit14:

U DA MAN!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SouthPaw970:
In stock at Apex - https://www.apexgunparts.com/benelli-m4-stock-w-pistol-grip-adjustable-cheek-riser-new.html?fbclid=IwAR3gh4jTFahxj95jwyql4U8E366L-oE8Qckd43oQJFTaxWBTjgH4LS-sZtU

I ordered one, not sure if it will fit my tube or not, but for the price, worth the gamble for my SDS TAC12.

View Quote

Thats funny i had two S4’s and both have smooth recoil tubes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:11:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SouthPaw970] [#24]

View Quote

Ok, I got it in and by luck, I found an OEM Benelli 3-position tube for a really good price. I tried installing them tonight and the pistol grip doesn’t fit. I’m not sure how to explain it, but the grip is too thick and doesn’t allow the nut on the back side to catch threads. I played with it for two hours and I can’t figure it out. Is there some trick I am missing? The install is straight forward but again, the pistol grip won’t grab the threads.

My video:
https://imgur.com/a/zIAFohx

Video - 11:26 mark
Benelli M4 Butt Stock Tube Removal and Installation

You can see in this vid, you have the lock nut, but also the pistol grip has a nut on the back side that threads on.

Here are the pics I took:

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#25]
On the Tube discussion taking place-

The Panzer stock at Classic needs a notched style recoil tube, which none of the M4 clones have.

The S4 seems to have a smooth tube.

My TAC-12 has the same "M4 Style" tube out of the box, but the Sulun stock came with another tube that had more positions/ holes drilled closer together, and a nicer finish.  

ALSO- Did SDS stop importing these??

I only see Tokarev brand shotguns and VEPR-types on their page now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Kalashnikev101:

The Panzer stock at Classic needs a notched style recoil tube, which none of the M4 clones have.

My TAC-12 has the same "M4 Style" tube out of the box, but the Sulun stock came with another tube that had more positions/ holes drilled closer together, and a nicer finish.  

View Quote

When I spoke to SDS regarding the TAC-12, they said they had no plans on importing anymore in.

My TAC-12 had a completely smooth tube, with no notches or M4 cuts. Smooth from top to bottom.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#27]

When I spoke to SDS regarding the TAC-12, they said they had no plans on importing anymore in.

My TAC-12 had a completely smooth tube, with no notches or M4 cuts. Smooth from top to bottom.
View Quote

My TAC-12 had the M4 (carbine) style with railed detents. Which I ground off to fit an Urbino or I’d sell it.

Wish I liked the Benelli style collapsible. There’s just no way I wouldn’t get it tangled up in something.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Kalashnikev101:

View Quote

FWIW - I received an eml today about a sale on "M4 Tactical Adjustable Telescopic Stock, For Benelli M4 Shotguns and Clones, i.e. Panzer M4, Etc. Aftermarket, Made In Turkey" kit which are out of stock like 2min after the eml arrived 🙄

There is a video of the guy showing how this kit includes notched tube with adjustable stock (and I think grip). Point is maybe they'll have stock so we can give reviews.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I also bought the Panzer M4 adjustable stock and grip for $50 shipped.  Does anyone know if it can be made to fit the CD 601DPS recoil tube? I don't remember which style the 601 has and I'm not home to check.  I know the mesa tactical can be "made to fit" , just wasn't sure if the Panzer M4 could also be made to fit or will a Benelli M4 recoil tube be required?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

So weird. When I talked to them at SHOT, they were SUPER bullish on the S4 and Tac-12, up to getting better factory furniture for them. I wonder what changed.

The dude from Panzer was utterly convinced he made the best ones in terms of heat treat and parts and QC. Sometimes hard to tell in the haze of the show who's full of it or not, but I believe that he believed what he was saying.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By porterb123:
my cd version has been good to go. I turned it into the adjustable stock version. No problems with the carrier or pistons showing peening. Onlr couple hundred rouns so far. Very accurate at 50 yards using slugs and Holosun red dot!
View Quote

@porterb123

How were you able to change to adjustable stock?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#33]
I purchased  the CD 601 last week for $350, couldn't pass it up at that price, I put around 60rds of S&B 00 buck & some slugs through it, a few hiccups with the first couple of boxes but then it ran fine. Only thing i don't like is the PG stock, it feels cheap, I'm going to stick a Benelli non pg stock on it asap. I own the Benelli also & there is not much difference.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#34]
https://cdn.classicfirearms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/a/panzer_stock.jpg

M4 Tactical Adjustable Telescopic Stock, For Benelli M4 Shotguns and Clones, i.e. Panzer M4, Etc. Aftermarket, Made In Turkey

SALE PRICE
$42 50

https://www.classicfirearms.com/m4-tactical-adjustable-telescopic-stock-for-benelli-m4-style-shotguns

View Quote

Question for those of you who have bought one of these stocks, is the cheek riser adjustable to the point that you can use the ghost rings when the stock is collapsed to the middle position? Or whatever is shorter than full extension, but not all the way collapsed?
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:58:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TheRat:

Question for those of you who have bought one of these stocks, is the cheek riser adjustable to the point that you can use the ghost rings when the stock is collapsed to the middle position? Or whatever is shorter than full extension, but not all the way collapsed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheRat:
https://cdn.classicfirearms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/a/panzer_stock.jpg

SALE PRICE
$42 50

Classic now has these in stock. I FOd.

As s guy with one of the 'recent batch' of M4s and a recent kit, I will let you know if it works as advertised.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#36]
I am new to these M4 clones, can someone tell me the difference between the SDS S4 and the TAC 12.
  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:

View Quote

That is nice in wood

Black Aces doesn't sell direct for that - Where does one find one.  A search doesn't find that model for sale.

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:51:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1096369fred] [#38]
Hey Troops,

Thanks for all the great info! I just got a Panzer M-4 and the telescopic stock from Classic Arms….. fingers crossed that I got a good one! I’m looking for a side-saddle mount, and  am leaning toward the mesa tactical, and may splurge for the M-4 mount with the built in RMR mount…. Does anyone know if the Mesa will fit the Panzer Arms M-4? If not what will?

Thanks!
Fred
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 2:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1096369fred] [#39]
For the good of the order!

Classics new video with the adjustable stock: (but looks like they are out of stock already…. Better try APex!)

https://youtu.be/4cmKTRlaYXw
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Just can’t stop butchering mine.

I prefer the simple fixed stock but it’s too long for me as it arrives from Turkey. Too bad because its great otherwise. The shorter Urbino has a better length of pull but has an awkwardly square grip that is uncomfortable and causes blistering inside my thumb. So I half assed it to accept the Benelli grip cover almost perfectly.

The curve where the cover touches the stock is little off but not enough to bother me. I also gooped on some extra epoxy to build up the area behind the trigger guard. When the weather cools off I’ll put a few hundred rounds through it to see if it stays intact. If it does I’ll sandblast off the DuraCoat to reprofile, fill in the pinholes and resurface to something better looking. It reminds me of this:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 1096369fred:
Hey Troops,

Thanks for all the great info! I just got a Panzer M-4 and the telescopic stock from Classic Arms….. fingers crossed that I got a good one! I’m looking for a side-saddle mount, and  am leaning toward the mesa tactical, and may splurge for the M-4 mount with the built in RMR mount…. Does anyone know if the Mesa will fit the Panzer Arms M-4? If not what will?

Thanks!
Fred
View Quote

You just 'got' -  ordered or received?

I ask because I ordered an M4 a couple weeks back and received it stupid fast. Then I ordered the stock kit on 11 August and no shipping notification yet.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:25:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BorderDave] [#42]
Does anyone know if the Mesa will fit the Panzer Arms M-4? If not what will?

Thanks!
Fred
View Quote

Here is my Gen 1 Panzer M4 with the Mesa Tactical stock and side saddle (picatinny, not RMR).  The side saddle is very easy to mount.  All you have to do is unscrew five small screws to remove the factory picatinny rail and put the Mesa Tactical side saddle in its place.

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Hey Troops,

Thanks!
Fred
View Quote

Shotguns and red dots don’t generally work so well for me. More so with age. Well, a KSG with RMR right behind the muzzle the was an exception. Also a Saiga 12 with a reflex sight for slugs. It’s fantastic in hand but tends to hang up on stuff.

An optic would ruin the best part of the M4 for me, how streamlined it is. So I went with Mepro tritium sights and Esstac carriers. They tuck neatly into AR mag carriers, don’t scratch or snag their neighbors in the safe and won’t cut me when my clumsy ass is trying to be John Wick.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Ok, I got it in and by luck, I found an OEM Benelli 3-position tube for a really good price. I tried installing them tonight and the pistol grip doesn’t fit. I’m not sure how to explain it, but the grip is too thick and doesn’t allow the nut on the back side to catch threads. I played with it for two hours and I can’t figure it out. Is there some trick I am missing? The install is straight forward but again, the pistol grip won’t grab the threads.

My video:
https://imgur.com/a/zIAFohx

Video - 11:26 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHj1B8iOl6s

You can see in this vid, you have the lock nut, but also the pistol grip has a nut on the back side that threads on.

Here are the pics I took:
https://i.postimg.cc/yNkmB1BT/1-D7780-B1-74-EA-4-A62-A8-EB-BF4-C091-AC54-F.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/VvcnjXt7/7-E8-F62-D9-01-A1-4-FEC-943-D-3973-CE4-B21-C6.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/BbcDNtcJ/B51-E008-E-3515-4-D1-C-912-B-31-BE40-F8-FFBF.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/mgZ3X35J/C437-DE94-3976-4276-A883-275838-C4-AC96.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/LXPjYxJY/D0-C33-EA8-8738-4827-8952-64-DA65-D41-D19.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/VNpjkxkP/D2810275-8-D63-4636-908-E-EC94-E9789-F61.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/15rcr7JD/E868-B3-CB-16-A0-4-A72-8-D50-368-DBBD55-B96.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Ghvr7GyF/5-AB5303-C-1-B32-4252-A82-C-9-CAEA4369-F72.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/mgR40kY0/A703-E61-B-8-BD8-4782-8-F5-C-BE943-DC9-BC26.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/CxN0Y0Jd/F7-C9683-C-D20-F-46-C4-BC57-4562123-EFD15.jpg

View Quote

Did you get your m4 stock on?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:21:00 AM EDT
[#45]

Ordered (from Classic) on 8/7, arrived my FFL  8/11… I picked up on 8/12…. I ordered the adjustable stock on 8/13…. It is still listed as “packing”!
May be a long wait, since it is now listed as out of stock….
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:26:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Hey Borderdave,

Thanks for posting and confirming the mesa will work! I just ordered a Swampfox “Kingslayer” for my Panzer Arms M-4. It comes with a
Rail mount, so I am a little torn which mesa mount to get…. The rail or the RMR… it looks like the RMR May co-witness better, and even though
It is a few bucks more…. I’m leaning in that direction!

Thanks!
Fred
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 3:21:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sendit14] [#47]

Ordered (from Classic) on 8/7, arrived my FFL  8/11… I picked up on 8/12…. I ordered the adjustable stock on 8/13…. It is still listed as “packing”!
May be a long wait, since it is now listed as out of stock….
View Quote

Same for stock. I contacted them about it and received a template (i.e. unhelpful) response. Either they need to hire for the warehouse bigly or stop selling items not on hand (which is technically illegal). The M4 arrived as expected so they have 'goodwill' ... for a bit
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Black Aces Tactical Pro S4 is available now at PSA for $500

Is there any functional difference aside from having wood furniture?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By uncommonlich:
Black Aces Tactical Pro S4 is available now at PSA for $500

Is there any functional difference aside from having wood furniture?
View Quote

Not likely much different, but "Wood is Good" and like the normal stock profile.

I just wish PSA had it in black - I will wait.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/black-aces-tactical-pro-s4-12-gauge-shotgun-semi-auto-18-5-walnut-fde-bats4fdewal.html
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#50]
The stock shipped yesterday 8/18…. Should arrive tomorrow!
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top