Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2021 3:37:06 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Got these today at a "Too good to be true price".  The counterfeits are getting good as the boxes looked legit as well as all the papers bag etc. The knives were mismarked and weight and demensions were off...etc.
I honestly believe the seller didn't know,  we all get hooked.

Oh and IN before fuck benchmade.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics? Link ?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics? Link ?
View Quote

No more pics as I returned them already but this video shows one I bought (The fake one ) but had a real box and papers.

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#4]
On the infidel, the logo is DISTRESSED to a degree and not perfect.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The seller knew what they are doing or they would be normal prices. Look on ebay you will see name brands at 1/4 of the going rate. The quality is not the same it only looks the same.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The seller knew what they are doing or they would be normal prices. Look on ebay you will see name brands at 1/4 of the going rate. The quality is not the same it only looks the same.
View Quote

The box, papers and bag appeared to be factory Benchmade.  The knives were definitely counterfeits.  They may have known but I got my money back so whatever.
Just letting everyone know to watch out for them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#7]
There have been counterfeit Benchmades since the eighties, including the boxes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There have been counterfeit Benchmades since the eighties, including the boxes.
View Quote

Well thanks for letting me know. Lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well thanks for letting me know. Lol
View Quote

There’s still people buying counterfeit “vintage” Benchmade Balis from that era for over $400...
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#10]
The stickers on both Bugout boxes are on the wrong way. The Blue Class part should be on the end just like the 940 box. The fonts are wrong too. Also I'm pretty sure there's no 535BK. It should be 535BK-2 for the new CF Elite.

The 940 has the label the right way but there is no date and code in the bottom left corner. And the fonts are off here too.

You have to be extraordinarily careful these days unfortunately.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Where are these bogus Benchmade knives showing up?  ePay I assume.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Counterfeits are all over Amazon, ebay, Wish etc. And some of them are incredibly close to the real thing.

Some of the 940 counterfeits are scary similar. I'm sure the materials are low grade but the machining is getting really good on the fakes. There are some eye opening videos on YouTube comparing the real vs the fakes.

Stick to reputable dealers if at all possible.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where are these bogus Benchmade knives showing up?  ePay I assume.
View Quote

Got these at a flea market type store and gave a glance at what is usually Chinese crap, but saw those and tried matching them up with pics on the net.  A ton of similarities but in the end.....nope.

Went back a week later and the seller removed them or they were sold. Honestly if I knew the steel was decent I should've kept them.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top