Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 6/23/2018 5:27:38 PM EDT
Just received my first two Benchmade side folding auto's...an ADAMAS 2750 and a RIFT 9555.  They are both Axis Autos.  On the RIFT, I can deploy the blade via actuating the Axis lock on either of the two sides (i.e. actuate with one finger / one "side" so typically just my thumb).  On the ADAMAS, I need to use two fingers (thumb and pointer) such that I am pulling back on both sides of the Axis lock in order to deploy the blade.  It will not deploy when attempting to actuate from one side only or thumb only.  Is this normal ops for an Axis Auto?  Should the ADAMAS also be able to be deployed with one finger only (i.e. just the thumb) as the RIFT is able to be deployed?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with the Adamas, but my 5000 has Auto Axis, and just needs a thumb on one side. I'd say yours is probably abnormal.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 11:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks -- I've watched some YouTube and other reviews on BM knives with that lock mechanism and in the majority of cases it appears they are actuating the Axis auto with TWO fingers, one on each side, to deploy the blade.  Perhaps the thickness of the blade on the ADAMAS (it's a pretty thick blade compared to most other models using the Axis lock) makes it less supportive of one finger / one side actuation of the bar that releases the blade.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I do know that the Adamas has a beefed up version of the Axis lock that is I believe 30% larger than the standard mechanism. Perhaps that has something to do with it?
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I just think it needs to be broken in.  I've had my Adamas for a few months and needed to pull both sides of the Axis lock to fire the mechanism and it was still pretty stiff.  I hadn't paid much attention, but I can now fire with just my thumb or just my index (trigger) finger.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just think it needs to be broken in.  I've had my Adamas for a few months and needed to pull both sides of the Axis lock to fire the mechanism and it was still pretty stiff.  I hadn't paid much attention, but I can now fire with just my thumb or just my index (trigger) finger.

ROCK6
View Quote
This. Mine was the same way. Just fire it over and over while watching tv. It’ll loosen up and you’ll love it in no time. It’s a great knife. Big, beefy, it’s my woods knife.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up an auto presidio, the first day or so it was very stiff to just use my thumb but is loosening up nicely after a week of playing with it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Just take some time. Fidget with it while watching TV for a few nights
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a Serum when it came out, when I first got it it was a bit tough to open it with the axis slider...it took a few days of trying to work it, and now it's easily openable with just my thumb. It wears in, eventually...
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 1:21:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ROCK6
View Quote
This.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top