Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2020 6:40:07 PM EDT
I'm looking for a single pistol and a single AR mag pouch that sits low for a belt. Most mag pouches sit too high and interfere with the sides of the plate carrier when seated in a car. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Esstac mid height pouches. They sit a little lower than the shorties.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a single pistol and a single AR mag pouch that sits low for a belt. Most mag pouches sit too high and interfere with the sides of the plate carrier when seated in a car. Any ideas?
View Quote

First off, you're a wise man Sir.  I see so many guys who don't take vehicles into consideration bulking up on their sides and back.

I have found no solution for a 30 round magazine to fit comfortably on a belt in that scenario.  Do you need a 30 round though for your quick magazine "Oh shit I need speed reload now"?  Debatable right?  20 round might do ya fine to get past the "oh shit" and get to a place where you can swap out for a 30.  Plenty of dudes made it through Vietnam with only 20 rounders.  Food for thought anyways.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try Esstac mid height pouches. They sit a little lower than the shorties.
View Quote

I'll check those out, thanks!
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

First off, you're a wise man Sir.  I see so many guys who don't take vehicles into consideration bulking up on their sides and back.

I have found no solution for a 30 round magazine to fit comfortably on a belt in that scenario.  Do you need a 30 round though for your quick magazine "Oh shit I need speed reload now"?  Debatable right?  20 round might do ya fine to get past the "oh shit" and get to a place where you can swap out for a 30.  Plenty of dudes made it through Vietnam with only 20 rounders.  Food for thought anyways.
View Quote

20-rounder is perfectly fine as a back-up belt mag. Still want it to sit as low as possible to clear the sides of my vest while seated.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you tried moving the pistol pouch further forward on your belt?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have you tried moving the pistol pouch further forward on your belt?
View Quote

Yes and that's even more uncomfortable when seated.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I spend a lot of time in vehicles. I have found that a S&S precision SMR / GRT Webbing Adaptor / SMR Dust-E mounted to a Crye MRB to hold a 30 round mag without interfering with armor. YMMV.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the ideas, I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Blue force gear ten speed pouches are nice. Especially since they get almost disappear without a mag in them.

Link Posted: 12/8/2020 6:05:25 AM EDT
[#11]
As far as a mag pouch for your rifle goes, mount it at 3 or 9 o'clock and it shouldn't interfere with your plate carrier unless you're loaded down with so much shit you cant move.  If that's the case...ditch the extra garbage.

As far as pistol mags.  I run angled T-rex arms carriers.  The mags are swept rearwards and clear the carrier when I'm standing and aren't uncomfortable when seated.  Depending on your body type and how much crap you have on the front of the vest will ultimately determine how comfortable or uncomfortable the situation is.  Run as slick as possible and it wont be that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Safariland belt UBL mid rid drop adapter.

TRex Arms MARS Rifle Mag Carrier with replacement hardware pack.

I don’t have the above, because the drop would interfere with the placement of my gas mask bag, but it should in theory give you the ability to drop a mag lower down off your belt to prevent it interfering with your carrier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top