Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2018 4:09:38 PM EDT
There has been a lot of discussion as whether a belt fed option would come to market for the Mac style RR family of machineguns.  A&S Conversions is not working directly on that issue.  We are doing testing for compatibility of standard uppers for use with the Tenko 10-16 adapter.  Personally, I don't want to own a product from Geoffrey A. Herring.  I think how he brought the Shrike to market, changed the name to MCR and changed the company name from Ares Defense to FightLite Industries.  It is still the same guy and I don't want to support someone that does business like that.

There is a Beta tester that owns an original Shrike.  We are patently waiting for him to try the Shrike on the Tenko 10-16 adapter.  It is my understanding that a Shrike needs a stronger than standard recoil spring and a H3 buffer for function.  The tester has both those off the shelf items.  As soon as we hear back (hopefully with video) we will post the results of Shrike testing.  Personally I own a Valkyrie Armaments belt fed system.  I have contacted the owner of Valkyrie Armaments about modifying the Tenko 10-16 for use with that system.  Again, we will post the results once we have them.  We are still on track for delivery of the first retail units at the end of February/first of March.  So far we have tested Ciener .22lr, 9 mm Colt and 9 mm CMMG Guard, 5.56X45/.223 Remington in DI, 7.62X39 with C-products mags, and 300 BLK OUT in full auto using standard AR upper receivers with full auto profiled carriers with great success.  Two of the three Beta units have been returned with 10,000 rounds of use.  There were a couple of small issues that are being addressed.

Because of "copy cat" concerns we are not going to release how the adapter functions until we have the units to sell in hand.  Bringing the adapter to market has been unbelievably expensive.  Our engineer was very concerned that divulging how the adapter functions could give someone else the possibility of coping the design, undercutting our price as they would have no R&D costs, and bringing the same product to market.  We have filed for a Provisional Patent.  But a Patent is only as good as the lawyer defending it.  We would need the profits from sales to defend that patent.

Is the Tenko 10-16 adapter on a M10 RR as good as a M16 RR?  No, this is not a "from the ground up" firearm.  It is an adapter.  An adapter that gives the basic function of a M16 RR on a M10 receiver for around half the market value.  With the Tenko adapter on a M10 RR machinegun, the owner of the one RR can shoot a closed bolt rifle caliber, a closed bolt pistol caliber, and a open bolt pistol caliber.  So one competitor can shoot the open bolt class and closed bolt class without any hand tools at the range.  I know of no other transferable machinegun currently capable of doing so.  I also don't know of any transferable that can shoot closed bolt 9 mm for less than $15,000.  Hopefully the Tenko will be an option for those that can come up with $10,000, but not the $18,000 for a RR M16.  Options are a good thing.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
18,000 for an RR M16?

Where are these? I will buy one right now.

Eta: re-read. Sorry! Wasn’t clear.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
 I also don't know of any transferable that can shoot closed bolt 9 mm for less than $15,000.  
Scott
View Quote
Besides an Uzi?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Besides an Uzi?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 I also don't know of any transferable that can shoot closed bolt 9 mm for less than $15,000.  
Scott
Besides an Uzi?
Also, there's a guy on UziTalk that made closed bolt firing internals for his M11/9 over a year ago.  I don't know what ever came of it.

MHO, YMMV, etc.

ETA:  I guessing that if one were so inclined, they could bore out and sleeve the barrel and weld up the bolt on a Reising and get an operational 9mm closed bolt subgun for under $18K.  Were I to do so, I'd set it up to use Glock mags.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 3:57:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you and thanks for keeping us informed!
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Also, there's a guy on UziTalk that made closed bolt firing internals for his M11/9 over a year ago.  I don't know what ever came of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
He comes up with some neat stuff, but does not seem inclined to get into production. None of his designs go anywhere unless someone else picks up the ball and runs with it.

Quoted:
ETA:  I guessing that if one were so inclined, they could bore out and sleeve the barrel and weld up the bolt on a Reising and get an operational 9mm closed bolt subgun for under $18K.  Were I to do so, I'd set it up to use Glock mags.
There was a guy in Illinois that was doing Reising 9mm conversions several years ago. He had a couple of them at the Creek in ‘09-ish timeframe. He used a new barrel. I’m not sure what he did with the bolt, if it was a new machined bolt or a modified .45 bolt.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 2:39:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Is this a PSA or an ad, a hybrid of the two, an answer to a question on a different forum, or something else?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is this a PSA or an ad, a hybrid of the two, an answer to a question on a different forum, or something else?
View Quote
Infomercial?

Irrespective of how one characterizes this particular thread, nowadays, virtually all firearms websites that I frequent have blurred the lines between technical discussions, public service announcements, ads, complaints, etc.  Every thread is like a box of chocolates without the guide on the inside of the top.  As a result, I flat out refuse to pay for a membership on any website.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top