Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2019 1:23:28 PM EDT
And these two are calling my name.....

Loving that carbine, they also list a .22 hunter in the same style!!

Must resist.

Doc
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Waiting for the loading gate version ... then it will be mine!
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
At least they aren't fake brass....but Henry's still look like someone built a rifle based on a drawing my ten year old made from what he thought a lever action looked like.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At least they aren't fake brass....but Henry's still look like someone built a rifle based on a drawing my ten year old made from what he thought a lever action looked like.
View Quote
The proportions are odd.

The forestock in particular having that weird belly to it is off-putting.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The proportions are odd.

View Quote
I agree.  Who though that was a good idea?
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The proportions are odd.

View Quote
Like the later M1 Carbines, it must be a 'Potbelly' carbine.    Seriously though, I agree that the Henry Big Boys, whether they have a side loading gate or not, have odd proportions.  Mimicking the Marlins but a bit off.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The Marlin perch belly forearms are sexy...the Henrys remind me of those Chinese cars that are copies of Rolls Royces and Bentleys....close, but off just enough to look comical.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Dang guys, way too much good going on there for me to be worried about a slight palm swell in a forestock!

LOL
Doc
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dang guys, way too much good going on there for me to be worried about a slight palm swell in a forestock!

LOL
Doc
View Quote
As if the forearm is the only issue. The whole thing looks goofy...the wood is simply a symptom.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#9]
That carbine looks sweet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top